Wildwood Casino Review
Wildwood Casino, located in Cripple Creek, is one of 40 casinos in Colorado. The property was purchased by Fertitta Entertainment in November 2021 from American Gaming Group and is slated to officially join the Golden Nugget brand in the summer of 2022.
At 9,593 feet above sea level, Wildwood Casino bills itself as the “highest casino in the world.” The casino features 503 slot and video poker machines, 14 table games and a poker room. It is also smoke-free, as are all casinos after Colorado instituted an indoor smoking ban.
There are two restaurants and a coffee shop on the property as well as two hotels, the Wildwood Hotel and Gold King Mountain Inn.
- Address: 119 Carbonate St., Cripple Creek, CO
- Owner: Fertitta Entertainment
- Operator: Fertitta Entertainment
- Hours: 24 hours / 7 days a week
- Casino games: 503 slots, blackjack, craps, roulette and poker
- Sportsbook: The BetWildwood mobile sports betting app and Woody’s retail sportsbook launched in July 2020
- Poker: Featured tables include Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em and Mississippi Stud.
Wildwood Casino Sportsbook
Woody’s retail sportsbook and the BetWildwood mobile app both debuted in July 2020.
Woody’s features a full bar and restaurant and a large TV wall. There are a pair of ticket windows as well as wagering kiosks.
The original BetWildwood app is being shut down in June 2022, and the casino website says a new sports betting app will be “coming soon.”
Wildwood Casino gaming
Wildwood Casino has more than 58,000 square feet of gaming space which features 503 gaming machines and 14 table games. At more than 9,000 feet above sea level, it also lays claim to being the highest casino in the world.
Wildwood is home to two restaurants and a pair of hotels.
The slot and video poker machines range from pennies to $100 at Wildwood, which claims to be the Cripple Creek casino with the most money won for four years running.
There are 503 slot and video poker machines on the premises, starting at pennies and going all the way to $100, the highest allowed under Colorado law. The machines run the gamut from classic three-reel spinners to new interactive bonus games with hundreds of paylines. Additionally, there are plenty of progressive slots to choose from.
On select Sundays, the property also runs popular slot tournaments.
Colorado gaming restrictions only allow for popular table games blackjack, craps, roulette and poker at the state’s casinos. Wildwood Casino offers the opportunity to play them all at its 14 tables.
The property offers less common games, including:
- Double-sided roulette
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Mississippi Stud
- Buffalo bonus blackjack
- Three-card poker with bonus six
Wildwood Casino rewards program
The rewards program at Wildwood Casino is called the Players Club, which is unique in that along with comps, discounts and rewards for playing, it also includes the ability for members to sign up for Wildwood Perks. The perks program offers discounts to popular retailers throughout the country such as Amazon, Disney, Domino’s and more.
As for the Players Club, members earn more points the more they play, which allows them to move up the five tiers. Each successive tier earns members more comps, rewards and discounts as they earn one point for every $1 of slot play and $2 of video poker play.
Here’s a look at the five tiers, how many points it takes to reach each and some of the benefits associated with them. Points must be earned in three-month periods.
- Emerald: 0-12,499 points. 10% restaurant discount and 99 cent breakfast.
- Sapphire: 12,500-24,999 points. Two complimentary room stays every quarter, 20% restaurant discount and $10 bonus comp every month.
- Ruby: 25,000-74,999 points. Six complimentary room stays every quarter, 40% restaurant discount and ambassador service.
- Diamond: 75,000-149,999 points. Six complimentary room stays every quarter, 40% restaurant discount, ATM reimbursement and $100 bonus comp every month.
- Black: 150,000+ points. Two-times points multiplier every day, 50% restaurant discount, eight complimentary room stays every quarter, suite upgrades and $200 bonus comp every month.
Wildwood Casino hotel amenities
Currently Wildwood Casino is home to the 67-room Gold King Inn and the 104-room Wildwood Hotel, which opened in 2020.
The Gold King Inn offers its guests use of a fitness center, swimming pool and hot tub, free Wi-Fi and pets are allowed as well. It is a non-smoking facility.
The Wildwood Hotel includes 10 “high-roller” suites, four hospitality suites, a 1,000-square-foot multi-purpose space and a rooftop space for up to 100 people.
There are a pair of restaurants to choose from at Wildwood Casino:
- Joe’s Diner: American. Offering breakfast special, juicy burgers, crisp salads and super-stuffed sandwiches. Weekly and holiday specials, too.
- Woody’s Sports Bar and Grill: Perfect place to relax, watch sports on TV and enjoy typical pub food. Special discounts for military members.
Wildwood Casino history
According to the casino, the Wildwood is the “highest casino in the world” at 9,593 feet above sea level.
The casino itself opened in May 2008 along with the Gold King Inn and in 2019 ground broke on the new four-story, 101-room Wildwood Hotel which opened in June 2021
Now that it is being acquired by Fertitta Entertainment, it is possible Wildwood Casino will undergo even more changes and/or upgrades.