DraftKings Sportsbook Colorado Promo Code and Review
DraftKings Special: Claim up to $1,400 in sign-up bonuses for a limited time, including $200 in bonus bets instantly after placing your first $5 cash wager, PLUS up to $150 in No Sweat Bets. - Click here to claim
DraftKings Sportsbook is among those leading the charge in Colorado sports betting. DraftKings operates legally in the Centennial State thanks to a partnership with Twin River Holdings, at the Mardi Gras Casino in Black Hawk. Sign up with DraftKings Colorado today and get up to $1,400 in sign-up bonuses. You get: a $50 bonus bet with deposit, your first deposit is matched 20% for up to $1,000, and when you place your first $5 cash bet you receive $200 in bonus bets. You do not need a DraftKings Colorado bonus code to claim this special offer.
Continue reading this DraftKings Sportsbook review to learn all about that welcome bonus. We’ll walk you through signing up with DraftKings, how to deposit, place bets, and withdraw winnings. First up is a deep dive into that $1,400 DraftKings Colorado welcome bonus.
DraftKings bonus: Up To $1,400 value
The DraftKings Sportsbook sign-up bonus comes in three parts and is worth up to $1,400 in Colorado. Check out the DraftKings Colorado welcome bonus table below for all the details. No DraftKings Colorado bonus code is needed, simply sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook in Colorado here to claim your $1,400 bonus.
DraftKings Sportsbooks promo code Colorado 2023
|DraftKings Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Maximum Welcome Bonus||$1,400 in bonuses|
|Deposit Match Bonus||20% up to $1,000|
|Deposit Bonus||$50 bonus bet on first deposit|
|Bet & Get Bonus||$200 in bonus bets with first $5 cash bet|
|Terms||• Deposit match comes with 25x playthrough requirement
• 90 days to clear playthrough requirement
• $200 in bonus bets come in $25 increments
|Last Updated||September 21, 2023|
Biggest events to bet on at DraftKings Colorado from Sept. 13-Oct. 15
Here is a preview of the top upcoming events for the DraftKings Sportsbook app in Colorado from now until October 15.
- College Football: The college football season for the next month spans Week 3 through Week 7 of the Colorado Buffaloes’ season. On September 16, Deion Sanders’ team plays in-state rival, the Colorado State Rams, and is a 23.5 home favorite when they do so. DraftKings already has a point spread for the #17 Colorado Buffaloes’ pivotal September 23 matchup with the #13 Oregon Ducks. When Colorado goes on the road to play Oregon, they will be a 14.5-point underdog. The Buffaloes already have knocked off one ranked team, the TCU Horned Frogs, who were heavier favorites than the Oregon Ducks will be. The next week, Colorado plays the #6 USC in their final Pac-12 matchup with the Trojans. The stretch ends with an October 7 matchup against Arizona State and an October 13 game with Stanford.
- Euro Championship 2024 Qualifiers: DraftKings Sportsbook features odds on the Euro 2024 Qualifiers on its main page. This includes odds on September 12 games like Italy-Ukraine, Norway-Georgia, Belgium-Estonia, and Spain-Cyprus. The qualifying group stage has another round of play from October 12 to October 17. Top games in the October qualification matches include the Netherlands versus France, Ireland versus Greece, Portugal versus Slovakia, Austria versus Belgium on October 13. Norway faces Spain on October 15, Belgium takes on Sweden on October 16, and England matches up with Italy on October 17.
- English Premier League: The EPL will be back in action for late September and October after a one-week break for international matches in the first half of September. DraftKings Sportsbook features a full list of matches on Saturday, September 16. Liverpool is a -245 money line favorites against Wolverhampton (+500), while Tottenham is a -360 favorite against Sheffield United (+850). Manchester United is a +155 favorite against Brighton (+205) on September 16, while Arsenal is -185 against Everton (+475) on the same day. DraftKings Sportsbook has Quick SPGs on several of the September 16 matches, including a +150 three-leg parlay on the Wolves versus Liverpool, a +145 three-leg parlay on West Ham versus Manchester City, and a +120 three-leg parlay on Tottenham versus Sheffield United. On Sunday, September 24, Arsenal is a -155 favorite against Tottenham (+340) in an all-London matchup, while Chelsea is a -130 favorite against Aston Villa (+310) on the same day.
- NFL Games: The 2023 NFL season is entering its second week and the Denver Broncos are 0-1. Still, the Broncos showed promise in the game. Russell Wilson had better footwork than last year and showed he still has the touch in the red zone. Javonte Williams ran with power and vision and didn’t get injured. Courtland Sutton looked like he could win one-on-one balls. The front seven held Josh Jacobs to 2.5 yards per rush. Unfortunately, a pass rush led by Frank Clark and Nik Bonitto was nonexistent, and it appears the team still misses Bradley Chubb after the 2022 trade to the Dolphins. Meanwhile, Will Lutz missed a field goal and an extra point in a 1-point loss, so Week 1 was a terrible debut for Lutz. The Broncos have a chance to get back to .500 when hosting the Washington Commanders in Week 2. DraftKings Sportsbook has the Broncos as 3.5-point home favorites with an over/under of 39. When the Broncos go on the road to visit the Miami Dolphins on September 24, DraftKings has Denver as a 5.5-point underdog. Though DraftKings doesn’t have point spreads on the games yet, Colorado bettors will be able to place wager on the team’s October 1 game against the Chicago Bears, October 8 game against the New York Jets, and the October 12 game against the Kansas City Chiefs.
- MLB Regular Season: The Major League Baseball regular season ends in just under three weeks and it’s the last chance to bet on Colorado Rockies games this year. While the Rockies are having a dismal season at 51-92, most of the team’s remaining 19 games are against playoff contenders. All but three of the games mean something in the NL and AL playoff chases. Over the next three weeks, the Rockies have series against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago Cubs (2 series), San Francisco Giants, and Minnesota Twins. Like the game between the Cubs and Rockies on September 12, DraftKings Sportsbook has ready-made same-game parlays on each game for Colorado bettors.
- 2023 Ryder Cup: The 44th Ryder Cup will be played from September 29 to October 1 at the Marco Simone Golf and Country Club in Guidonia near Rome, Italy. DraftKings has odds on which teams win this year’s Ryder Cup. If you want to bet on the Americans, you’ll receive -120 odds if the USA wins outright. Europe has +125 odds, while a tie has +1200 odds. Those who prefer to bet on who wins the trophy will get -165 odds on the Americans and +135 odds on the Europeans. The “To Lift the Trophy” odds includes the option of a tie in the bet on the USA. Since the USA won the 2021 Ryder Cup, they would lift the trophy again in case of a tie. DraftKings Sportsbook doesn’t have odds on which of the 24 players will collect the most points in the Ryder Cup, but expect those as the event gets nearer.
- NHL Regular Season: The NHL regular season begins on October 10 and the Colorado Avalanche launches its season on October 11. DraftKings Sportsbook already has puck lines for the three hockey matches on October 10: Nashville Predators at Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks at Pittsburgh Penguins, and the Seattle Kraken at the Vegas Golden Knights. DraftKings has odds for the Avalanche’s season opener against the Los Angeles Kings. This includes -110 money line odds on the opening game, plus the -105 odds for the over and -115 odds on the under if you make a totals bet (over/under of 6.5). If you want to bet on the Avalanche when they visit the San Jose Sharks on October 14, has -245 money line odds on the game. The over/under of 6.5 goals is -105 for the over and -115 for the under.
Regular promotions available on the DraftKings sports betting app
In addition to the bonus bet and the deposit bonus, DraftKings hosts a series of promos, too. Many go with popular sports during the calendar year.
Here are some of the promotions available throughout the year:
- Parlay insurance: If one of your selections in your five-leg or more parlay fails you, you will receive a refund of up to $25 as a bonus bet.
- Pregame protection: If you place an NBA wager and if your team scores 110 points or more but loses the game, you’ll get your money back as a bonus bet. The same applies to loser bets in the English Premier League (soccer) if the game ends in a 0-0 draw.
- Daily odds boosts: Check out the daily odds boosts that center around the most significant sports leagues, including the NFL, the NBA, college hoops, and the NHL.
You can also earn loyalty rewards at DraftKings Sportsbook. Every time you wager, you’ll earn reward points. You can take part in “missions” to earn additional bonuses such as bonus bets and boosts.
The rewards focus on individual players, so log in and head to your personal rewards page to see what is waiting for you.
Is DraftKings legal in Colorado?
Yes. In May 2018, the Supreme Court of the United States placed the matter of sports betting legality into the hands of the individual states to figure out for themselves. Many of them acted quickly, and legal and regulated sports betting is now thriving in a number of states.
It took a while for Colorado to get on the ball. Legislation was passed in May 2019, and voters gave it a thumbs up the following November. Sports betting in Colorado officially launched on May 1, 2020.
DraftKings was one of the first operators to act. The company entered the Colorado market via a partnership with Twin River Holdings, the owner of a trio of casinos in the state. It’s completely legal and safe to bet on sports at DraftKings in Colorado.
How to create a DraftKings account in Colorado
After you click on our links to take advantage of the generous sign-up offers, you’ll be brought to a new page where you can begin the account creation process. It’s quick and painless, so you’re not looking at a huge time commitment. Here’s what you’ll have to enter.
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social Security number
The last step is to verify your location. In order to place bets, you’ll need to be physically located in the state. To verify that, DraftKings uses what’s known as geolocation tracking, which helps the company know that you are where you say you are.
After the initial download, it runs in the background seamlessly, so you won’t have to constantly go through this step. You can manage your account while out of state, but just know that you’ll need to be back in Colorado to actually wager.
That’s the entire process. From start to finish, you’re looking at a couple of minutes of your time. You can start checking out your new account right away, but don’t forget to take full advantage of all of the exclusive sign-up offers you get with our links.
DraftKings Sportsbook app in Colorado
After your account is all set online, take the time to download the apps from the DraftKings site. The mobile betting app is available for iPhone and Android users, and the direct links will walk you through the installation process.
After the app is downloaded, log in with your new account information, and you’ll be all set. You’ll find that the app is smooth and intuitive, just like the main website. DraftKings has built itself a slick interface, and it’s one that users in numerous states have grown to love.
Having DraftKings Sportsbook on mobile means that you will have a real live sportsbook with you at all times. You can check out the latest lines on the go, place some bets when appealing opportunities come up and even fund your account or withdraw funds right from your device.
DraftKings Sportsbook features and benefits
In each market entered to date, DraftKings has become a recognized leader. It has been the same story here in Colorado. Neither of those two developments have happened by accident. Here are just some of the reasons why DraftKings has become a go-to destination for sports bettors.
- Regular promotions: The welcome bonuses are awesome, but that’s not where the incentives stop at DraftKings Sportsbook. This is an operator that treats its users well with ongoing promo opportunities such as odds boosts, parlay insurance, and pregame protections.
- Layout and navigation: When dealing with a sportsbook website or sports betting app, the last thing you want to see is one that’s a pain in the neck. That’s not an issue at DraftKings. It’s a slick interface in which everything you need is just a click or a swipe away.
- Funding options: You have several ways to move your money in and out of your DraftKings account. Included on the list are credit, debit, and prepaid cards. PayPal is also an option, and it makes tracking all of the ins and outs really simple.
- Customer service: Questions are going to come up, and it’s always good to know you’re going to get a straight answer quickly and easily. DraftKings is solid on this front as well with a dedicated form for contacting a customer service team that’s available 24/7.
- Betting slip: The betting slip is very simple to use both online and on the app. You can add and delete options seamlessly, and the function can be minimized and restored without issue. There are also dedicated tabs built-in for parlays and round robin bets.
There’s also a direct email option for customer service if you’d prefer. Live chat and dedicated telephone support would be a huge plus moving forward, but the support team is really responsive regardless.
Types of bets available on DraftKings Sportsbook app
DraftKings Sportsbook has all of the bases covered when it comes to bet types, as well. From the ones that are super simple to those that require a bit more thought, it’s all here. Here’s a glimpse at the different bet types available to consider.
- Moneyline: This is a simple bet in which you simply look to pick the winner. The favorite in the contest will have negative odds, while the number is positive on the side of the underdog. A wide range between the odds indicates a potential mismatch, while a close span points to a game that’s almost a toss-up.
- Point spread: Oddsmakers set a spread on games, which is akin to an estimated margin of victory. Bettors can pick the favorite minus the points, or go with the underdog plus the number. In either case, the side you choose has to cover the spread in order for the bet to be a winner.
- Totals: This is a bet on the total combined points that will be scored in a contest. Sportsbooks set a benchmark number, and bettors then get to decide if they think the total points will go over or under that amount.
- Props: A prop is basically a side bet on something that might come up during the contest or at its conclusion. Offerings will vary, but props can be based on player, team or game-specific situations. There are no props allowed on the NCAA in Colorado.
- Live betting: These are bets you can place in real time as the action is playing out. This has been a popular growth area for sports betting, and DraftKings has been among those leading the way.
- Futures: A futures wager is a bet you can place on an event that will happen in the future. Examples include the winner of the Super Bowl or a Cy Young award. Some of the markets are incredibly popular and see action year round.
- Parlays: This is a bet that includes multiple outcomes on a single ticket. The returns can be great, but the risk rises with each selection added to the slip. Parlays require a minimum of two outcomes.
- Round robins: A round robin is similar to a parlay, but you can use it to make multiple combinations on a single slip. For example, instead of a single three-team parlay, you could make a round robin of three two-teamers.
- Teasers: The teaser bet is most commonly used for basketball and football betting. Users can move the spread on a number of games by a designated number of points. The odds will be adjusted by the book accordingly.
For the team-based sports, the default listing for games includes moneyline, point spread, and totals options. Inside of the listing are options for the other bet types, while futures can be found in the individual sports tabs. We’ll be covering that bet type in more detail shortly.
Sports you can bet on at DraftKings in Colorado
The overall sports betting menu at DraftKings is vast. You can stick to the major games and events, focus on some of the sports you love, or even dive deeper with some of the niche offerings. As a general rule, the more popular the sport, the more betting action it will see.
Starting at the top, here are the sports that really move the needle in terms of betting volume.
Here’s a sport-by-sport rundown of what you’ll find:
- Football: Both the NFL and college football are covered comprehensively at DraftKings Sportsbook. Every game features straight bets as the default options. However, you can choose from a series of additional markets: quarter betting, winning margin, player props, and more. Live betting features heavily, too, while you can place futures wagers on divisional races, conference championships and the Super Bowl, the Heisman Trophy, and the college football championship in the NCAA.
- Basketball: Check out the latest odds and lines in the NBA and college hoops, where once again, DraftKings go much further than the standard point spread, moneyline and totals. The action heats up around the playoffs in the NBA and the national championships in March in college hoops, where prop bets come to the fore. Futures options include the eventual winners of the NBA championship and March Madness. Live betting is popular, especially on the nationally televised games.
- Baseball: Every game of the regular season features run line (where the underdog has 1.5 runs added to their total), moneyline and totals betting. Expect extended markets when the playoffs come around. Baseball is popular for futures betting, with many wagering on the divisional races, the winners of both leagues, and, of course, the World Series.
- Hockey: In hockey, you’ll find the puck line (the underdog has 1.5 goals added), the moneyline, and the totals on all regular-season games in the NHL. Expect extended betting when the playoffs come around, while the bulk of the futures action centers on the winner of the Stanley Cup.
- Tennis: Tennis is one of the best options for live bettors at DraftKings. With games going on around the world, there is live betting available around the clock. You can bet on the ATP and WTA tours, the ITF, and Challenger events, in addition to extended markets on the four Grand Slam events.
- Golf: Here, you’ll find the latest betting on the PGA Tour, the LPGA, the European tour, and more. Futures markets are available for all the major championships. Look out for live betting options on all the regular tour events and the majors.
- Soccer: There is a wide array of betting options on the European leagues available, as well as Major League Soccer and the best in international football.
- Combat sports: Betting on the biggest bouts in both MMA (mostly UFC) and world boxing are available, such as straight-up bets, three-way bets (including the draw), and more.
- Motorsports: You will be able to enjoy a full range of betting on NASCAR and Formula 1.
As well as of these popular sports, you can also bet on many other international sports. These include cycling, darts, rugby union, rugby league, and Australian rules football.
Also, you’ll find entertainment-based markets on events such as the Academy Awards. You cannot bet on the US elections.
Colorado sports team betting guide
If you’re looking to bet on sports in Colorado, then there’s a real good chance you’ll be wanting to weigh in with your thoughts on the local teams. There are no worries on that front with the DraftKings sports betting app either. You’ll find markets for all of the squads you know and love, as well as plenty of different ways to get in the game with each of them.
- Denver Broncos
- Bet on all Broncos games
- Futures and props for the Broncos and the NFL
- Live betting on all NFL games
- Denver Nuggets
- Bet on all Nuggets games
- Futures and props for the Nuggets and the NBA
- Live betting on all NBA games.
- Colorado Rockies
- Bet on all Rockies games
- Futures and props for the Rockies and MLB
- Live betting on all MLB games
- Colorado Avalanche
- Bet on all Avalanche games
- Futures and props for the Avalanche and the NHL
- Live betting on all NHL games
- Air Force Falcons
- Bet on all Air Force football and basketball games.
- Futures for the Falcons and the NCAA
- Colorado Buffaloes
- Bet on all Colorado football and basketball games
- Futures for the Buffaloes and the NCAA
- Colorado State Rams
- Bet on all Colorado State football and basketball games
- Futures for the Rams and the NCAA
- Denver Pioneers
- Bet on all Denver basketball games.
- Futures and props for the Pioneers and the NCAA
- Northern Colorado Bears
- Bet on all Northern Colorado basketball games.
- Futures and props for the Bears and the NCAA
- Colorado Rapids
- Bet on all Colorado games
- Futures and props for the Rapids and MLS
- Live betting on all MLS games
The major team sports are well-represented here in Colorado, and you can bet on all of them using the DraftKings Colorado app. You can also expand your horizons into the major individual sports such as golf and UFC, or look toward learning a niche sport such as cricket or rugby. Options abound at DraftKings, and that’s naturally a good thing.
Betting futures at DraftKings in Colorado
The futures market is a big part of the sports betting menu already, but interest continues to grow as sports betting gets legalized in more and more states. Here in Colorado, you can remain further engaged with the teams you follow all season long by placing some bets on how you think they’ll fare.
- Denver Broncos futures betting: Bet on the Broncos to win Super Bowl, conference or division. You’ll also have team regular season win totals and can find lines on Broncos players to win MVP and other individual awards.
- Denver Nuggets futures betting: Bet on theNuggets to win NBA Finals, conference or division. Find odds on team regular season win totals and MVP.
- Colorado Rockies futures betting: Bet on theRockies to win the World Series, league or division in addition to, season win totals and MVP.
- Colorado Avalanche futures betting: Bet on the Avalanche to win the Stanley Cup, conference or division. Find future odds for team regular season win totals, MVP and individual awards.
Of course, you don’t just need to stick to the local teams when it comes to futures. For instance, if you like the Dallas Cowboys to win the Super Bowl or Giannis Antetokounmpo to win the NBA MVP, you can bet on that as well. Futures are also available for the major NCAA sports and make for a great way to stay on top of the happenings.
- Colorado NCAA basketball / football: Bet on the Colorado squads to win national title, make College Football Playoff / Final Four or win Conference. You’ll also find lines for Player of the Year and Heisman Trophy.
You can also spread your wings and bet on other college programs as well, such as Alabama to win the football crown or Duke to make it to the Final Four.
Another part of the futures market that sees a ton of action is on the major tournaments for the big individual sports, such as tennis or golf.
All of the futures markets we have gone through a good deal of betting action. There’s a spike in interest once odds are released, and plenty of bettors will remain engaged every step of the way. The odds board will move based on what’s going on, so it’s worth checking in throughout the year.
How to deposit and cash out on the DraftKings sports betting app
Here are the deposit options available at DraftKings:
- Credit or debit card: The quickest and most straightforward option is to use a credit or debit card, as both Visa and Mastercard are accepted. It’s merely a case of entering the long number across the front of the card, the expiry date, and the amount you want to deposit. The funds will hit your account immediately.
- PayPal: This popular e-wallet lets you keep your gambling and bank accounts separate. Simply pick PayPal as a deposit option, and you’ll be directed to the PayPal website where you’ll sign in and make a deposit to DraftKings. You won’t need to share any card or password information to complete this deposit.
- Prepaid card: Another good option is to use a prepaid card to fund your DraftKings account. Purchase a card with existing funds, or load funds onto it and then use it to deposit and withdraw from DraftKings. In other states, DraftKings has launched its own prepaid card with Discover.
Withdrawals are normally credited back to the method used for your deposit.
How to contact DraftKings customer support
The main method to contact DraftKings’ customer support is via an online form.
You’ll start by choosing a topic from a drop-down list, then give details, including your name and username. A message box is available to explain your issue. The customer service team is on hand 24/7. You may be more comfortable sending an email to [email protected], especially if you have any screenshots or attachments you’d like to share in addition to your question.
You can also find a database of information by tapping on the “Help” option. This link will take you to the FAQ section, with a series of drop-down menus that answer many of the common inquiries.
Responsible gaming at DraftKings
According to this statement, it’s clear that DraftKings is dedicated to responsible gaming:
“At DraftKings, it’s all about having fun, and we want it to stay that way! It’s important to remember that you should only bet what you can afford and always set yourself reasonable limits. But our top goal is bigger than that. From the second you open an account to the moment you get your hands on your winnings; our number one priority is to make sure you’re playing safely and responsibly.”
Practical measures to combat problem gaming include links to responsible gaming organizations, advice on gambling in the right way and setting limits on deposit and spending amounts and time gambling. In extreme cases, self-exclusion is also an option.
Where is the DraftKings retail sportsbook?
DraftKings has set up temporary digs right on the first floor of the Mardi Gras Casino in Black Hawk. The partners are working toward building a state-of-the-art sportsbook on the property, but the current home isn’t too shabby. Here’s what you need to know.
- Address: 300 Main St.
- Location: Black Hawk, CO 80422
- Phone: 303-582-5600
- Website: www.goldenmardigras.com
- Amenities: Large screen TVs, casino access
- Betting: Cashier window and self-serve kiosks
- Hours: Sun-Thur: noon-8 p.m. Fri/Sat: noon-10 p.m.
Exact operating hours may be subject to change based on what’s on the sporting menu. The permanent book will have a TV wall, on-site bar, and VIP lounge areas. Betting online and via mobile are awesome options, but a visit to the DraftKings Sportsbook at Mardi Gras Casino deserves a spot on your to-do list.
Is DraftKings the best sportsbook in Colorado?
The race has just gotten underway here in Colorado, so we can’t crown a winner just yet. That said, DraftKings is emerging as one of the clear-cut top options.
The platform is fantastic, there are outstanding sign-up offers for our readers to take advantage of, and everything you need to get started with sports betting will be right at your fingertips.
DraftKings has already become a go-to destination for scores of bettors here in Colorado and in other states across the nation. There’s nothing to suggest that will be changing anytime soon.
DraftKings Sportsbook Colorado FAQ
DraftKings hasn’t attached a code to its bonus for new players. When you create a DraftKings Colorado account, you will receive up to $1,400 in bonuses. You’ll get:
- A 20% deposit match up to $1,000
- A $50 bonus bet after making your first deposit
- $200 in bonus bets after making your first $5 cash bet
Check out the DraftKings Colorado welcome bonus table above for complete details.
Yes, DraftKings launched its legal online sportsbook in Colorado in May of 2020 when sports betting debuted in the Centennial State.
DraftKings has one of the lowest minimum deposits of online sportsbooks in Colorado, with many methods requiring just $5.
DraftKings offers its Colorado sportsbook bettors all the usual odds boosts, but you can also claim profit boosts. These come in the form of tokens, allowing you to boost the wagers you’re feeling confident in. Odds boosts, on the other hand, are at DraftKings’ discretion.
Yes, DraftKings is a fully licensed and regulated online sportsbook in Colorado. The site uses both a firewall and encryption technology to protect player data, and you can set responsible gambling limits on your account at any time.
DraftKings prefers to limit maximum wins, rather than maximum bets. The largest amount you can win on football, baseball or basketball bets is $1 million, while other sports have caps at $500,000. Events like golf tournaments and NHL games often have a $250,000 limit.