Colorado Online Sports Betting
Colorado sports betting is legal and thriving. If you’re 21 or older and physically located in Colorado, you can bet on sports on your phone at any Colorado online sportsbook.
Colorado online sportsbooks are legal, live, and available online throughout the state. Colorado sports betting features some of the best sports betting apps in the US, allowing residents to sign up and bet from the comfort of their homes or anywhere else in the state.
Colorado sports betters now have a large choice of legal, regulated online sportsbook platforms to choose from. This is great for players since every sports betting app offers many different bonuses and promos. Centennial State bettors have some of the biggest names in online sportsbooks such as Bet365, Caesars, FanDuel, and DraftKings to choose from as well as smaller and local operators.
For Colorado residents who are 21 years or older and are within state lines, online betting is available anytime anywhere in CO.
Here at PlayColorado, we have the latest on online sports betting in CO and comparisons between Colorado sports betting apps. Check below for all of the details.
The Colorado Division of Gaming has legally approved every CO sportsbook mentioned on this page.
Best Colorado sports betting sites
What you can bet on right now in Colorado
CO sports betting news
‘A Platform Where Winners Are Welcome’: Novig Eager To Launch Sports Betting Exchange
Best Colorado sportsbook bonuses 2024
Colorado sports betting promos won’t stop for the foreseeable future. Here are some of the best CO online sportsbook bonuses.
|Up to $1,000
Comparing Colorado sports betting apps
Colorado is home to 21 legal online sports betting apps as of 2024. That makes the decision of which sportsbook to go with even more difficult.
To help make that choice a little less daunting, here are the differences between the Colorado sportsbooks and some of their best features.
Bet365 is one of the most familiar betting names on the market, so you know you’re putting your money with the right people. Whether it’s betting on the Broncos or Nuggets, you’ll have a sense of trust that bet365 has you covered.
Final word: If you are a CO sports bettor who loves promotions, bet365 is the app for you. Bet365 aims to boost your parlay odds and offer great early payouts as well. Sign up now with bonus code PLAYCO and get $150 in bonus bets after you bet $5, or a First Bet Safety Net up to $1,000.
BetMGM, the self-proclaimed “King of Sportsbooks,” gives its users ultimate control over the markets they want to bet on. Bettors can add and delete bets and even change betting amounts on certain events. On top of that, BetMGM offers an early cash-out option for users who want to capitalize on a winning wager before the event ends.
Sign up with the promo code PLAYCO and Bet $5 to get $150 in bonus bets instantly.*
Final word: It’s a solid sportsbook with everything you want: lots of markets, adequate odds, live betting, strong daily “Lion’s boosts” and straightforward promotions.
* Bonus Bets Expire in 7 Days. One New Customer Offer Only. Add’l terms.
An outstanding user experience is in the cards for Colorado sports bettors who use Caesars Sportsbook. Nearly every day, Caesars has a promotion bettors should consider, along with plenty of opportunities for bet credits. The book consistently delivers player-friendly odds. An expansive list of constant odds boosts is also worth your regular scroll routine.
Final word: There haven’t been many extras at Caesars regarding innovative markets or bells and whistles. That being said, it’s a fantastic sports betting product for those looking to bet on games with good odds. And that’s a good enough reason for most bettors to give it a try.
- Download BetRivers Sportsbook
- Review: BetRivers Sportsbook Colorado
- Best feature: 1x playthrough on sign-up and deposit bonuses
The BetRivers Sportsbook offers solid promotions, an attractive interface, various boosts and bets, and a 1x playthrough for bonus money that should become the industry standard. BetRivers is an accessible option for the casual gambler.
Final word: Casual CO sports bettors won’t find much to complain about regarding BetRivers. The 1x playthrough is a huge perk.
DraftKings vs FanDuel
DraftKings and FanDuel are two of the biggest and most popular sportsbooks in the US. Most online sports bettors no doubt have asked, “What’s the difference between these sports behemoths?” When it comes down to DraftKings vs FanDuel, it’s like Coke vs Pepsi. It all comes down to personal flavor and what you like.
If you enjoy live sports betting, a ton of fun markets to bet on, and an easy-to-use app, DraftKings Colorado Sportsbook is the way to go. If you enjoy same-game parlays, a plethora of daily odds boosts and a user-friendly experience, then FanDuel Colorado Sportsbook is your jam. If you’re new to CO sports betting, both offer great welcome bonuses, so explore both and see what you think. In the end, it comes down to what you prefer.
BetMGM vs Caesars
If you’ve watched TV for any amount of time, regardless of the channel or streaming service, you’ve seen the commercials for both of these sportsbooks. Needless to say, both of these Colorado sportsbooks are incredibly popular. BetMGM Colorado Sportsbook and Caesars Colorado Sportsbook offer distinct differences.
With BetMGM, CO sports bettors have the utmost control over the markets and sports they can wager. Bettors can add and delete bets as needed and even change the amount they’d like to bet on certain events. On top of that, BetMGM offers an early cash-out option if users want to capitalize on a winning wager before the event ends. As for Caesars, the sportsbook app features all the bells and whistles that your heart desires. New user promos don’t get much better than Caesars. The user-friendly app also includes occasional odds boosts, in-play betting, and betting bonuses.
Types of online sportsbook bonuses
The legal sports betting environment in Colorado is quite competitive, and that’s really good news for consumers. Operators have to pull out all the stops to separate themselves from the pack, and that translates directly into generous bonus offers. Here are some of the best ones you’ll find.
- No deposit bonus: This can go by other names such as a bonus, regardless of the name, it’s money for you to play with at an online sportsbook. Qualifying for this offer can be as simple as creating an account via our exclusive links.
- Bonus bet: For this offer, the sportsbook allows you to place your first bet in bonus fashion, sometimes for as much as $500. If you place your first bet and it turns out to be a loser, the operator will refund the amount of your wager.
- Deposit bonus: If you make a deposit at certain operators, they’ll match it dollar for dollar up to a certain amount. Some books go all out on this front and will match 100 percent of your first deposit up to $500.
- Odds boost: This is a special promotional offering in which the sportsbook raises the odds on a specific event to make it even more appealing. As an example, they might spike the moneyline on a big favorite to a level that’s almost too good to pass up.
The best way to make sure you are getting all of the incentives you are entitled to is by creating an account with the sportsbooks via our exclusive links. You can be up and running in just minutes to take full advantage of these offers.
For bonus offers, the rules are simple. Create your account and receive funds to play with. Bonus bets will require a deposit, and the amount that gets refunded is not eligible for immediate withdrawal. Instead, you will need to bet the funds on wagers meeting certain parameters. Money earned from those subsequent bets is eligible for withdrawal.
For deposit matches, the bonus funds will be credited to your account. These also aren’t eligible for withdrawal right away. The funds are still available to bet with though, so this is a fantastic way to get started on the path towards building up a bankroll.
Top 5 sports loyalty and rewards programs in Colorado
Given the sheer amount of online sports betting apps in Colorado, one of the ways Colorado sports bettors may choose one or the other is through rewards programs. The offer benefits are based on how much you play. For high-stakes and frequent players, the loyalty benefits can be extremely valuable. If you visit casinos in the three gambling towns, you know the rewards range from free parking to free rooms and meals. Online sports betting sites in Colorado offer the same sort of concept. When you bet, you earn points proportional to the amount you bet, and you can improve your status in a tier system.
Points can then be exchanged in an online store for benefits including merchandise or extra bonuses. Over time, these can add up to a lot of money, even if you are a recreational bettor wagering in small increments. Given the number of sportsbooks in Colorado, this could sway people to choose a specific app.
Here are five of the best rewards programs for Colorado sports bettors:
1. Caesars Rewards, Caesars Sportsbook
Every bet at Caesars Sportsbook earns Caesars Rewards Credits and Tier Credits. That makes it as easy to earn and redeem online as it is in person at one of Caesars’ more than 50 destinations in 16 states. Tier Credits earned during a calendar year determine your Tier Status. Reward Credits are your comps to earn bonus play, hotel stays, dining and more. One Tier Credit and one Reward Credit are earned for every $5 you stand to profit on sports bets.
2. MGM Rewards, BetMGM Sportsbook
When you sign up for a BetMGM Colorado Sportsbook account, you are assigned an MGM Rewards account. If you already have MGM Rewards account, you can merge account with the sportsbook. Bettors can earn perks at several resorts across the world, including personalized offers, dedicated windows at BetMGM sportsbooks, discounted and comped rooms, and more.
3. Rush Rewards, BetRivers Sportsbook
Players at BetRivers Sportsbook earn points with online sports bets that can add up to bet credits and other prizes through Rush Rewards. Placing more bets increases your loyalty level and loyalty points for bonus wheel spins, digital scratch cards, bonus money, guaranteed bingo tokens, and bonus sports bets and profit boosts.
4. Crowns, DraftKings Sportsbook
Each sports bet you make at DraftKings Colorado Sportsbook earns Crowns. Those Crowns can earn DK Dollars, AKA promotional dollars that can be used anywhere on DraftKings, and other rewards.
5. Rewards, PointsBet Sportsbook
This program is basic and straightforward: The more you bet, the more bonus you earn. Reward Points are calculated based on the type of bet and the wager amount, with more points earned for parlays. There’s also the potential for lots of award points from using the PointsBetting feature. In addition, PointsBet has a Platinum Club and then a Diamond Club for its top clients. An invitation to those tiers will net personalized promotions, access to tickets and events, chances to meet PointsBet ambassadors, 24/7 customer service and more.
How to bet online
The sports calendar is jam-packed all year round, so you’ll have little trouble finding something to bet on. From local favorites to niche sports and all points in between, you’ll have plenty of choices to consider.
Here’s what you need to do for each step.
- The main sportsbook lobby will be filled with featured and upcoming listings. To find a specific sport, you’ll often find the full list of available markets on the left side of the screen or in a drop-down menu up top. In some cases, you’ll have both options. Once you click on the sport you want, the lobby will populate with the available events.
- Each game or event will have its own listing. The default will be the primary bet types, such as moneyline, point spread, and totals for team-based sports. If you click through on the listing, or the “more wagers” label in some spots, you’ll find all of the other bets available, such as props and alternative lines.
- Once you’ve zeroed in on the sport and bet type, it’s just a matter of making your selection. Generally, you’ll just need to click on the odds that correlate with your choice.
- After the bet is added to the ticket, you can go back and add more if you’re looking to build out a parlay. If not, all you need to do is add in the amount you want to wager.
- Last but not least, take the time to verify that everything is correct on your slip. We can all make mistakes, but you can avoid many by simply double-checking.
Major sporting events in CO
All throughout the year, you’ll have plenty of options to consider when it comes to sports betting but here’s a look at some of the biggest drivers at the betting window.
The biggest attraction at sportsbooks comes in the form of betting on the NFL, and there are numerous ways to get in the game.
Here are just some of the top NFL betting markets you’ll have to consider in CO.
- Moneyline, spread, and totals for all regular-season games
- All bet types for NFL playoff games and the Super Bowl
- Prop betting for each NFL game
- Live betting for every game on the NFL schedule
- NFL futures — Super Bowl winner, Rookie of the Year, etc.
Pro hoops is another of the biggest draws at the betting window, and it’s a top choice for many seasoned bettors. You can get in on the fun in a number of ways, including a futures bet on the Denver Nuggets to take down the Western Conference or a prop bet on the total points scored by Nikola Jokic next time out.
Here’s a peek at some of the biggest NBA betting opportunities you’ll have to sort through.
- Moneyline, spread, and totals for all regular-season games
- All bet types for playoff games and the NBA Finals
- Prop betting for each NBA game
- Live betting for every game on the NBA schedule
- NBA futures — conference winners, league MVP, etc.
The MLB season is a big highlight at sportsbooks from opening day straight through to the World Series. The opportunities are nearly endless, including futures and props. Like, will the Colorado Rockies win the World Series? There’s a futures bet with your name on it. Think Kris Bryant goes yard next time out? Scroll through the props and place your wagers.
Here’s a look at some of the main MLB betting markets available.
- Moneyline, runline, and totals for all regular-season games
- All bet types for playoff games and the World Series
- Prop betting for each MLB game
- Live betting for every game on the MLB schedule
- MLB futures — pennant winners, Cy Young, etc.
The fastest game on ice brings in plenty of wagering interest. You have a number of ways to bet on the NHL in CO, including bets that are specific to the Avalanche. Examples include a futures wager on the team to win its division or various prop bets on what star forward Nathan MacKinnon has in store for the next game.
Here’s a look at some of the top NHL betting markets you’ll find at online and mobile sportsbooks.
- Moneyline, goal line, and totals for all regular-season games.
- All bet types for playoff games and the Stanley Cup
- Prop betting for each NHL game
- Live betting for every game on the NHL schedule
- NHL futures — Stanley Cup winner, Vezina Trophy, etc.
College football betting
College football is a top choice for a number of seasoned handicappers, and folks in CO can now see what all of the fuss is about. Beyond a plethora of options for each game on the docket, you can wager on things such as the Deion Sanders-coached Colorado Buffaloes to take down the PAC-12 or an over or under on total wins for Air Force this season.
Here are some of the top NCAAF betting markets you’ll want to take a look at.
- Moneyline, point spread, and totals for all regular-season games
- All bet types for bowl games
- Bet on the College Football Playoff and national championship
- Live betting for NCAAF games
- NCAAF futures — conference winners, Pac-12, etc.
College basketball betting
Interest is through the roof when it comes to March Madness, but there’s plenty to be said for the rest of the college basketball season. There are tons of games to consider, as well as numerous futures opportunities such as the regular-season win totals for Colorado and Colorado State or the chances for Northern Colorado to take down the Big Sky.
Here are some of the top NCAAB betting markets you’ll have to choose from.
- Moneyline, point spread, and totals for all regular-season games
- All bet types for March Madness
- Bet on the Final Four and national championship
- Live betting for NCAAB games
- NCAAB futures — national champion, Player of the Year, etc.
One note: While Colorado sports betting laws allow wagering on college sports, prop betting on college sports is illegal.
Other sports you can bet on
The list of sports you can bet on doesn’t begin and end with the major team-based sports. There are a number of other markets to explore, some of which see a great deal of action in their own right. This includes golf, darts, international sports, NASCAR and Aussie Rules Football, just to name a few.
There are a number of times when certain sports from will see a ton of betting action. Examples include a major tournament for golf or tennis, NASCAR’s Daytona 500, or a big UFC pay-per-view event.
One other quick note to keep in mind: Not every operator will offer every sport. You can consult the books you plan to play on for an exact list, but the vast majority of them will have a large menu for you to browse through.
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could get some bets in after the action had already started? Thanks to the wonders of live betting, you can.
Also known as in-game or in-play wagering, live betting is one of the fastest-growing parts of the sports betting landscape. It refers to bets you can place in real-time as a contest unfolds.
It’s a fast-moving market in which the offerings will vary based on what’s going on. Typically, you’ll find new opportunities to bet on the outcome of the contest, wagers that resemble props, and bets on certain segments of the game, such as a quarter in basketball or the next drive in a game of football.
Here are a few examples of what you might see:
- Which side will hold the halftime lead: Nuggets or Jazz?
- What will be the outcome of the Broncos’ next drive: TD/FG/punt/TO?
- How many shots will the Avalanche take in the second period: Over/under 8.5?
There’s no need to go to a busy sportsbook to get in on the action with live betting. Online platforms make it super simple to stay on top of the action, and current offerings are generally easy to find.
Live betting is a great way to get additional action on a contest, hedge or double down on your initial positions, or simply become more engaged with the games you love.
Colorado sports betting basics
You’ll have plenty of betting markets to choose from here in Colorado, and the same holds true for the ways you can wager. All of the major bet types are available at the major online and mobile platforms, ranging from the basics to the advanced.
Here’s a quick cheat sheet for the main bet types you’ll have to consider.
- Moneyline: This is a simple bet in which you are simply choosing the winner.
- Point spread: You can take the favorite minus the points, or go with the underdog plus the spread.
- Totals: These are wagers in which you choose over or under a benchmark number of points for the game as set by the sportsbook.
- Props: These are basically side wagers on something that may happen during the game or by its conclusion.
- Futures: These are bets on something that will happen down the road, such as the winner of the next Super Bowl or World Series.
- Parlays: These are wagers in which you include multiple outcomes on a single betting ticket in a quest for greater rewards.
- Live betting: Bets you can place in real-time as the action unfolds on the field of play.
When starting, remember that there’s no need to try to master everything at once. You can start with one or two bet types, build up your skills, and rinse and repeat as your skills advance. It’s worth taking the time to play around with each of the aforementioned bet types to determine which works best for your overall wagering strategy.
Facts about CO sports betting
Since the launch of legal sports betting in May 2020, Colorado has been one of the hottest markets in the country. Here is a snapshot of sports betting in Colorado:
- 21: The current number of online sports betting apps to use, by far the most in the U.S.
- 10%: The amount of the sports betting tax that benefits the Colorado Water Plan. Since the launch, close to $10 million has been contributed to the plan and other beneficiaries.
- $12.1 billion: Total Colorado sports betting handle through July 2023, after three full years of legal sports betting.
- $43.8 million: Total tax dollars collected by the state in that time period.
Complete list of all legal online sportsbooks in Colorado
All legal sportsbooks in Colorado are overseen by the Colorado Division of Gaming, and as such are regulated based on safety, security, and fairness. Here is a full list of all legal sports betting apps currently live in CO:
- Bally Bet
- Betfred Sportsbook
- BetMGM Sportsbook
- BetRivers Sportsbook
- Caesars Sportsbook
- Circa Sports
- ClutchBet (BlueBet)
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- ESPNBet (Penn Interactive)
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- PointsBet Sportsbook
- Sports Illustrated Sportsbook
- Tipico Sportsbook
- Sporttrade Colorado
Benefits of regulated CO online sports betting
The biggest benefit of CO sports betting is the fact that it’s legal and regulated. The Colorado Division of Gaming oversees the sports betting market in the state. What does that mean for you? It means you’re protected. If you have a dispute with a sportsbook or an incident arises, you can contact the state to get it resolved. That’s not the case for offshore sportsbooks. If you use an offshore app and encounter a problem, your options to get a resolution are extremely limited. Since Colorado online sports betting is regulated, the various sportsbooks must follow the law or get punished. That gives prospective CO bettors some peace of mind.
Since Colorado online sports betting is legal, there’s also an emphasis on regulated gambling. If you or someone you know ever gets to the point that it becomes a problem, there are avenues in place to get help. One of them is the Colorado affiliate of the National Council on Problem Gambling. Problem Gambling Colorado provides a 24-hour confidential helpline for residents. The Problem Gambling Coalition of Colorado site is available in English and Spanish.
These services are available if they’re ever needed:
- Helpline (24 Hours): 303-662-0772
- Website: problemgamblingcoalitioncolorado.org
- Email: [email protected]
One of the benefits of sports betting in CO is the 10% sports betting tax. This tax goes to the Colorado Water Plan. Given the rising water problems in the state and the western US, the funds from legal sports betting go a long way to help the Colorado Water Plan and everyone in the state.
Colorado sportsbooks near me
Colorado sports betting apps are the most significant piece of the market for the state by far, but residents and visitors can also visit local casinos to bet on sports. Colorado casinos are located three towns nestled in the Rocky Mountains: Black Hawk, Central City, and Cripple Creek. Each offers a unique throwback aesthetic to the casinos of the Old West.
|Ameristar Casino Resort Spa
|Barstool Sportsbook at Ameristar Black Hawk
|111 Richman St
|Bally's Casino Black Hawk North
|DraftKings Sportsbook Black Hawk North
|300 Main St
|Dragon Tiger Casino
|Maverick Sports (kiosks)
|132 Lawrence St
|Grand Z Casino Hotel
|321 Gregory St
|Isle Casino Black Hawk
|Caesars Sportsbook at Isle Casino (kiosks)
|401 Main St
|Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk
|Caesars Sportsbook at Lady Luck Casino (kiosks)
|340 Main St
|Monarch Casino Resort Spa
|BetMonarch Sportsboook Lounge
|Monarch Casino Black Hawk
|488 Main St
|Saratoga Casino Black Hawk
|101 Main St
|Sasquatch Casino Sportsbook
|125 Gregory St
|The Lodge Casino
|SuperBook at the Lodge Casino
|240 Main St
|The Wildcard Saloon
|The Wildcard Saloon Sportsbook
|120 Main St
|119 N. Fifth St.
|Maverick Sports (kiosks)
|101 Gregory St.
Colorado sports betting FAQ
Yes, Colorado online sports betting is legal. You can now place a bet at one of 21 Colorado sports betting apps like DraftKings, BetMGM, and bet365 from the comfort of your house.
Online sports betting is live in Colorado, so that means you can bet from your favorite chair or couch. As long as you are 21+, you can bet at DraftKings CO, FanDuel, and BetMGM Colorado along with a host of other Colorado sports betting apps. Retail sportsbooks at Colorado casinos are also operable in the state.
In terms of retail sportsbooks, Colorado’s land-based casinos are eligible to pursue a master license for sports betting in the state. The vast majority of them have already done so, though not all of them have opened a sportsbook.
By law, Colorado’s casinos are limited to three towns. The towns of Black Hawk, Central City, and Cripple Creek are the only permissible locations for gambling establishments in the Centennial State.
The Colorado Division of Gaming oversees all gambling in the state. It has extended its regulatory jurisdiction to cover sports betting.
Any Colorado residents or visitors to the state who are 21 years or older can bet on sports.
Yes. Colorado online sports betting is available through your mobile device, tablet, or desktop computer as long as you are within the state lines of Colorado during the time of placing the bet.
Yes, the sports betting sites are owned and operated by some of the most prominent and respected operators in the world and are regulated by the Colorado Gaming Division. They will take the utmost care to safeguard player information from hackers and other criminal elements.
No, both state and federal laws prohibit sports betting across state lines. Colorado sportsbook apps must maintain geolocation verification software and monitor the location of players on their apps continuously.
That being said, if you live outside of Colorado, you can drive across the border and bet online while in the state.
No, an offshore site operates outside the legal protections of the United States. Were there to be any incidents or disputes between you and the sportsbook, you might find your options for recourse quite limited.