FanDuel is in the business of “firsts” when it comes to Colorado.
It was one of the first sportsbooks to launch in May 2020.
It was the first sportsbook to ink a deal with a NFL franchise through its agreement with the Denver Broncos.
Now there’s the first-ever FanDuel FanFest on Sunday, Aug. 22. The event runs from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. MT at Empower Field at Mile High. FanFest includes a live performance by the Grammy Award-winning duo The Chainsmokers, as well as NFL and MLB legends, bonusting games and prizes and a beer garden.
Tickets to the event are free, but you must become or be a bettor with the FanDuel Sportsbook app.
For new bettors, as it says on the FanFest website:
- To secure your free FanFest ticket, sign up today and place your first bet on the Broncos at New York Giants Week One game. The wager is bonus, and you’ll get up to $1,000 back in site credit if you don’t win.
For existing FanDuel bettors:
- Refer a friend to the app, and you and that friend will both earn one free ticket when they make their first bet of $10 or more on the Broncos at Giants game. On top of that, you’ll both receive $50 in sportsbook credit.
FanFest also includes:
- Meet and greet with former Broncos Champ Bailey, Aqib Talib and Jake Plummer.
- Photo opportunities with the Lombardi Trophy.
- Wiffle Ball home run derby featuring former Colorado Rockies Dante Bichette, Vinny Castilla, Brad Hawpe and Clint Barmes.
Now that you have the basics, let’s answers some questions you may have about the event.
Is proof of vaccination required to attend the event?
As the site states, all attendees and staff will be required to have proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination or negative test result within 48 hours of attending FanFest. After you register for the event, you will be sent a link to upload your vaccination card or test results for approval.
Can anyone under 21 years old attend the event?
No, all attendees must have registered for a FanDuel account and verified their age in order to attend. Colorado state law to bet on sports is 21.
Is parking available?
As the site says, yes, parking will be made available at Mile High. The cost is $10 per car. There is also a pickup and dropoff area for those who rideshare. Those who attend can also take LightRail, depending on where they’re coming from. You can get a Day Pass for $6 per rider.
What about bags?
FanDuel encourages fans to not bring any bags, but each ticket holder may carry an approved clear bag (similar to Broncos/NFL games) and a clutch purse.
- The clear bag can be no larger than 12” x 6” x 12” or a one-gallon clear freezer bag.
- The clutch purse can be no larger than 6.5” x 4.5,” with or without a strap.
The site adds that there are no provisions to check items at the gates. Fans will be asked to either take prohibited items back to their car, if they have not entered the event, or dispose of prohibited items at the gate.
Will food and drinks be provided?
Food, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages will be available to purchase at the on-site food trucks and beer garden.
For more information and the full terms and conditions, please visit the FanFest website.