BetSafe Sportsbook Colorado Bonus Code for $500
Colorado has proven to be an ideal home for sportsbooks. Betsafe is one of the newest oddsmakers in the state, and when you sign up at Betsafe online sportsbook, you’ll get a deposit match bonus for up to $500.
Betsafe’s owner, Betsson, is based in Sweden, and Betsafe is its first venture in legal US sports betting.
Betsafe is an app-only online sportsbook at this time. In this Betsafe Sportsbook review, we’ll take you through everything you might want to know about the site: the app, the overall sports betting product, the bonuses and how you can make an account today.
Betsafe Colorado Sportsbook bonus code for September 2022
You don’t need a Betsafe Colorado bonus code to claim the welcome bonus. At the moment, Betsafe will match your first deposit, up to a total of $500, when you create an account as a new customer and meet a few conditions.
While some Colorado sportsbooks may have betting promotions with higher maximums, such offers often come with tradeoffs, such as higher wagering requirements or requiring you to lose a bet first. All in all, a deposit bonus of up to $500 strikes a nice balance, offering something for new bettors and high rollers alike.
|Online Sportsbook||Betsafe Colorado|
|Betsafe Colorado Bonus code||None needed|
|Welcome bonus||100% first deposit match up to $500|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
How do I get the Betsafe welcome bonus?
The Betsafe Sportsbook sign up bonus will apply once you follow a few steps:
- You’ll need to create a Betsafe online sportsbook account, and since Betsafe is mobile-only, you’ll need to download the sportsbook app first.
- Once you’ve done that, head to the registration form and input your personal information.
- From there, choose a deposit method, make a deposit for $10 or more, and Betsafe will match that deposit dollar for dollar with bonus funds.
Don’t go overboard — never deposit more than you can afford to — but think about how much money you want to have in your account, and then use the promo with that in mind.
Betsafe Colorado welcome bonus — the fine print!
Once you’ve received the Betsafe bonus funds, you won’t be able to withdraw them immediately. Instead, you’ll need to meet the Betsafe playthrough requirement. This will require you to wager a set amount before you can withdraw the bonus funds or any winnings that you get from them.
For the Betsafe welcome promo, the playthrough requirement is five times the bonus amount on bets with odds of at least -200. The betting odds limit is so you can’t just meet the requirement by betting on heavy favorites. Overall, these requirements aren’t too restrictive, but they’re definitely important to keep in mind.
Can I trust Betsafe Sportsbook in Colorado?
In our opinion, yes. The Betsafe Sportsbook app is a licensed and legal Colorado sports betting app, bringing a lot of peace of mind. It is subject to regulations and government oversight, which means you’re unlikely to get scammed or run into major issues. Your money should be safe, and you should have access to avenues to redress any issues. Regulation means consumer protection, which is part of the reason that legal sports betting is spreading so quickly in the US. Offshore betting sites, on the other hand, are subject to very little supervision.
If you want a more specific answer, Betsafe falls under a licensing agreement arranged with its parent company, Betsson. The sportsbook is under the oversight of the Colorado Division of Revenue, Department of Gaming.
Getting started at Betsafe Sportsbook in Colorado
It’s very straightforward to make an account on the Betsafe sports betting app. To start, download the Betsafe Sportsbook Colorado app and navigate to the account creation page. Once you’re at the registration form, you’ll need to enter some personal information:
- Full name
- Home address
- Email address
- Social Security number
- Phone number
- A password for your account
Once you’ve done this, you’ll have an account. You can then select a payment method and make your first deposit into your account to claim Betsafe’s deposit bonus.
Betsafe Sportsbook app for Colorado
To download the app, head to the Betsafe site via the browser on your mobile device. Once there, scroll down slightly and you’ll see two buttons: “Available on the App Store” and “Get it on Google Play.” Select the appropriate button, depending on whether you’re on iOS or Android, and complete the download.
Note that you will need to have geolocation enabled and switched on for the Betsafe Colorado sportsbook app. If you don’t, Betsafe won’t be able to verify that you’re located in Colorado, which you have to be in order to bet there.
Promotions at Betsafe Sportsbook Colorado
Currently, Betsafe is only offering one promotion — the deposit matching bonus we went over above. The sportsbook is still getting going in Colorado, however, so it’s likely that it will offer more regular Betsafe Sportsbook promotions in the future. These could include odds boosts, parlay insurance, profit boosts and the occasional free bet.
Why should I choose the Betsafe Sportsbook app?
- Welcome bonus: We think the Betsafe deposit bonus hits the sweet spot. It has a high enough maximum to appeal to high-stakes players, but also can suit bettors who just want to put $20 to $50 into their account, and the playthrough requirement is pretty low compared to many other sportsbook deposit bonuses.
- Available sports: One of the perks of using a sportsbook with roots outside the United States is that it tends to cover a wider array of sports and leagues. Betsafe is no exception.
- Live betting: As a mobile-only sportsbook, Betsafe has placed a lot of emphasis on building a smooth and functional live betting platform. With live betting growing in popularity and very likely something you’ll want to do, it’s nice to bet with a sportsbook that cares about its in-play interface.
What won’t I like about the Betsafe online sportsbook app?
- No sportsbook website: This is likely going to be a personal thing. If you only bet on your phone, then you won’t mind. However, at the end of the day, no website means one less way to bet compared to most sportsbooks, so we count it as a point against Betsafe.
- App interface: So far, the Betsafe app hasn’t had many downloads, relatively speaking, and because of that it hasn’t received many reviews. Having limited reviews usually means only people with a bone to pick are writing them. As a result, Betsafe’s app has a pretty low score right now: 1.5 stars out of five on the App Store.
- Limited payment options: This is another thing that could improve in the future, but as of right now, it’s still an issue. You can only deposit and withdraw using PayPal, ACH e-check or at Betsafe’s partner, the Dostal Alley Casino in Central City. That means right now, you can’t use credit, debit or any other payment method, which is unusual compared to most books.
Bet types available at Betsafe in Colorado
Betsafe offers all the standard bets you would expect from an online sportsbook. Here are all the main options at Betsafe online sportsbook in Colorado:
- Moneylines: Bet on the winner of a game.
- Spreads: Place a bet that incorporates the margin of victory into the result.
- Parlays: Make a bet consisting of multiple legs, which must all be correct for the bet to win.
- Single-game parlays: Same as above, but with all the legs coming from the same game.
- Teasers: Place a parlay with the lines shifted in your favor.
- Live betting: Bet on a game after it has already started.
- Proposition bets: Bet on smaller elements within a game, rather than the overall result.
- Futures: Bet on long-term outcomes — for example, a wager on who will win the Super Bowl that you place at the beginning of the regular season.
- Totals: Bet on the total combined score of a game, without consideration for who wins.
Can I bet on the Colorado Avalanche at Betsafe?
Absolutely — Betsafe offers an impressive slate of betting markets, and the 2022 Stanley Cup champion Colorado Avalanche is no exception. You can make plenty of bets on moneylines, puck lines, props, live odds and more on the NHL. And the NHL is just one of the leagues you can bet on at Betsafe. It offers a slate of options ranging from major American leagues to niche international sports, including the following:
Payment options at Betsafe online sportsbook
Right now, Betsafe lacks a little in the payment options department. This is likely due to the fact that it’s still working on getting fully up and running, but it still might present a bit of a problem for some customers. Here are the current deposit and withdrawal options:
- ACH e-check
- In person at the Dostal Alley Casino in Central City
That’s certainly far from ideal, especially since many sportsbooks will accept credit cards, debit cards, online bank transfers and more. However, the options Betsafe does offer should process relatively quickly and work for the time being. However, more options would certainly be beneficial.
Customer service options at Betsafe Sportsbook Colorado
Under the customer support tab on its app, Betsafe offers an FAQ section, a live chat and an email address for less urgent inquiries. Customer support has received relatively positive reviews so far and should be able to resolve most issues.
How do I exclude myself from Betsafe?
Under the responsible gambling section of the interface, you should be able to navigate all the options. These include limits you can set on your account and self-exclusion options. Please play responsibly. Never bet more than you are willing to lose, and only bet for entertainment purposes – never for financial gain. If you feel your gambling is becoming a problem, contact the Problem Gambling Coalition of Colorado hotline at 303-662-0772.
Can I bet at Betsafe Sportsbook in person?
At the moment, no. While Betsafe partnered with Dostal Alley Casino, that was so it could offer online sports betting in Colorado, as state law requires that online sportsbooks partner with retail casinos in the state. While some online sportsbooks also have retail locations at their partner casinos, that is not the case for Betsafe and Dostal Alley at the moment.
How does Betsafe compare to other Colorado sportsbooks?
We think that Betsafe stacks up well against its competition in Colorado. Its welcome bonus is on par with a number of competitors, and it even excels compared to some smaller books. It also covers an impressive selection of sports, and as a mobile-only sportsbook, it should do well for live betting. Its limitations have to do mainly with what it doesn’t offer: a website, more deposit and withdrawal options, and a customer service phone line. Also, it’s clear that the app could use work. However, we still think that Betsafe is a solid option for Colorado bettors.
Betsafe Sportsbook Colorado FAQ
You don’t need to enter a Betsafe Sportsbook bonus code when you sign up at Betsafe Colorado to qualify for the sportsbook’s deposit matching bonus. Check out the Betsafe welcome bonus section above for full details.
Yes — under Colorado gambling law, you must be 21 or older to bet at Betsafe or any other legal sportsbook in the state.
Not yet, but it could add that option as it gets more settled in Colorado.
Betsafe is licensed to operate in Colorado by the state’s Department of Revenue, which makes it a lot safer to use than an unlicensed offshore site. We recommend you only ever bet with legal and regulated sportsbooks like Betsafe.
You sure can. Additionally, Colorado has no restrictions on betting on in-state college teams, so you should find odds on the Colorado Buffaloes, Colorado State Rams and more.