PointsBet Sportsbook Colorado Promo Code & Review
PointsBet Sportsbook stands out from the crowd with its signature product, PointsBetting. This type of betting is a unique creation that creates the potential for huge wins (and losses) on a variety of wagers. The novelty of the bet type might inspire thoughts that PointsBet is a one-trick pony. However, visitors to PointsBet Colorado can find a terrific sportsbook that is solid from top to bottom. Even if you don’t intend to engage in points betting, you can find any other type of common sports bet.
When you sign up with PointsBet Colorado today you’ll get two risk-free bets worth as much as $2,000. You just need to enter the PointsBet Colorado promo code BETBONUS to be eligible.
PointsBet Sportsbook also offers a wide array of bonuses and boosts, which you can access directly on site or through the betting app. The sports betting app is available for both iPhone and Android.
This page is your one-stop shop for information about PointsBet including the details about their bonus offers there, what makes them unique, and everything else you need to know before getting into the action.
PointsBet Colorado deposit bonus
PointsBet has an attractive offer on hand to encourage new users to check out their site. Sign up and use the PointsBet promo code BETBONUS and you’ll get two risk-free bets $1,500 and $500. Let’s look at an example to see how both risk-free bets work:
- $500 risk-free bet: This risk-free bet is good for all non-PointsBetting wagers, so basically your traditional sports bets. Let’s say you decide to make your first bet a $500 wager on the Denver Broncos to beat the Kansas City Chiefs. When the Broncos do exactly that you’ll celebrate with the rest of Broncos Country, collect your winnings and the risk-free offer will go away.
- $1,500 risk-free PointsBetting bet: As the name implies this offer is only valid for PointsBetting bets. Let’s say you choose to make your initial PointsBetting a $50 bet on the under of a Denver Nuggets-Utah Jazz game. Unfortunately for you, not only does the over hit, but since the game went to double overtime it went over by 30 points. Since PointsBetting multiplies your bet by the amount you were right or wrong that means you just lost $1,500. But wait! Thanks to the PointsBet Colorado risk-free bet welcome bonus you get all $1,500 back as a free bet.
- Free bets at PointsBet CO: For this offer your free bet will expire seven days after being issued. You can use it all at once or you can divide the free bet up two, three, or even four ways.
Just be sure to use our exclusive PointsBet CO promo code BETBONUS when signing up to claim this welcome bonus.
PointsBet Sportsbook Promo Code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||PointsBet Sportsbook Colorado|
|PointsBet Colorado Promo Code||BETBONUS|
|PointsBet CO Total Bonus||Up To $2,000|
|PointsBet CO Risk-Free Bet No. 1||First fixed-odds bet covered for up to $500|
|PointsBet CO Risk-Free Bet No. 2||First PointsBetting bet covered for up to $1,500|
|Last Updated||June 2022|
Other PointsBet Colorado promos
In addition to the welcome offer, PointsBet does a solid job of keeping bettors happy with regular promotions.
Here is a sampling of promos that change, depending on which sports are in season:
- Place a parlay of five legs or more. If only one of the selections lets you down, PointsBet will refund your bet, up to $50.
- Early Payouts: If you are betting on hockey or soccer, any time a team goes two goals ahead, you get paid. If the team doesn’t hang on for the win, it doesn’t matter, as you’ll have your cash already.
- Place a “next game-winner” tennis bet. If your first bet of the day is a loser, you’ll receive a refund of up to $25.
- PointsBet Offer: There are -105 lines on all point spreads in the NBA, which more generous than the standard -110 lines at other Colorado sportsbooks.
- The refer-a-friend scheme ensures both you and your invited new member receive $50 in bonus bets after your friend deposits $50 or more.
- Look out for the daily booster odds, where you’ll find enhanced odds on player and parlay bets.
In addition to these promotions, there is also a loyalty scheme: PointsBet Rewards.
Every time you place a bet, you’ll earn points that can then be converted into cash. You’ll gain one point for every $5 you wager on a fixed-odds bet, for every $1 you wager on a parlay and for every dollar you win or lose when PointsBetting.
What is PointsBetting?
At PointsBet, two classes of wagers are available.
The first is the standard form, where you can place popular wagers such as point spreads, moneylines, futures or prop bets. These wagers work in the same way as they would at any other sportsbook.
However, the other, PointsBetting option, is much different from what you would expect normally.
This format involves winning or losing more money based on how far your prediction was from the spread or totals score. Unlike a fixed-odds totals bet, each point over or under becomes a multiplier of the original stake.
For example, if you took the over on 24 and the match ended with 31 points, you’d win 7x your bet. If that same match only resulted in 21 points, you’d lose 3x your stake.
As you can see, this amplifies your returns (both ways) compared with taking the -110 lines on under or over bets offered at most sportsbooks.
Is PointsBet online sportsbook legal in Colorado?
Absolutely. PointsBet is legal and licensed to operate in Colorado. It received a temporary internet sports betting operator license in early 2020, and officially went live in November 2020.
PointsBet’s license requires the sportsbook to have a land-based partner inside the state, too. So, PointsBet is working proudly alongside the Double Eagle Casino in Cripple Creek.
To place a bet in Colorado, you must be at least 21 or older and be inside CO state lines. Those attempting to bet on a CO sportsbook outside of the state will be denied because of geolocation technology. The software is hugely accurate today, so there’s no workaround.
There is no reason to worry about the legality of using PointsBet.
PointsBet website review
The PointsBet site has a striking black, red and white color scheme that implies action from the start. The site has an overall modern look and does not feel cluttered. Only the leading markets are on the main page, with menus navigating to the others.
By default, you’ll just see the fixed-odds bets on the main page, with the spreads, moneylines and totals on display. All additional bets are displayed when you click on an event.
You will now see the “PointsBetting” menu alongside the fixed-odds markets (the further “Teasers” menu is where you’ll pick your bets). If you’re betting under in the points betting market, the number is framed in red, while, if betting over, it will be framed in blue.
To the right of the betting markets, you’ll find the “Up Next” area, showing all of the upcoming events, with a focus on the major leagues (niche betting markets won’t appear here).
As well as on the main site, the PointsBet Sportsbook app is available for both Apple and Android mobile devices.
PointsBet Sportsbook app
While you can use the PointsBet website to place all your bets and move money into and out of your account, the PointsBet app does all that, too, with the added benefit of being formatted for your phone or tablet.
Downloading the PointsBet app
PointsBet is available for Android and iOS, and you can get either app by using our links. Just remember to use the promo code BETBONUS if you’re registering for a new PointsBet account to get access to up to $2,000 in risk-free bets.
Navigating the PointsBet app
If you have used the PointsBet website, you’ll be happy to see that the app is structured in almost the exact same way. And both the iOS and Android versions are carbon copies of each other. The only difference you might notice is that the layout on tablets is slightly different from that of smartphones because of the difference in screen size.
The easiest way to move around in the app is to use the menu button in the lower left corner. From here, you can easily get back to the homepage, open the PointsBet promos page, create a quick parlay, see a listing of all the sports you can wager on, or view all the featured games and sports.
How to bet on the app
When you find a wager you want to bet on, simply click on it, and that will open the quick bet box. From here, add your wager amount. It will show how much you stand to win; if you’re happy with it, hit “place now” and that’s it.
To make parlays and other multi-bets, instead of placing a bet from the quick bet box, you will tap “add to bet slip.” Now you can keep adding wagers and when you’re ready, open your slip on the right of the screen, pick the type of bet you want to place and click the “place bet” button.
- Tip: PointsBet gives users two parlay boosters each day. You can use one for a normal parlay, while the other is good for a single-game parlay. The only requirement for boosting your parlay wager is that it must have a minimum of three legs. To apply the boost, click on the booster box below your wager amount and you’ll see your odds jump, usually by around 10%.
Other important areas of the PointsBet app
When you click on your email address at the top of the page, it will open a menu with various links to help manage your PointsBet account. At the top, it shows what your balance is and how much money in free bet credits. Immediately below is a button to deposit money.
As you work your way down, there is a display with how many parlay boosters you have. Remember, you get two boosts each day. And lower down is a smaller link labeled “withdraw” where you will click in order to pull money out of your account.
Lastly, make sure to check the promotions page often. You can find it by selecting “menu” and then “promos.” Now you can sort all the bonuses at PointsBet or just scroll through everything the Colorado sportsbook has to offer, be prepared because it’s a lot.
Overall, the PointsBet Sportsbook app is a great offering in the Centennial State. And pay attention because, as sponsors of the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets, PointsBet tends to offer odds boosts and bonus offers specific to those teams’ games.
Types of fixed-odds bets available at PointsBet in Colorado
A full explanation of all the bet types is available at “The Revis Betting Academy” on the PointsBet website.
Here is a rundown of all the available fixed-odds bets:
- Moneylines: This is the most straightforward way to bet. When betting the moneyline, you are betting on which side will win a game. Games with heavy favorites will see long odds on the underdog.
- Point Spreads: PointsBet will add points/goals/runs to the underdog to even up the contest. You’ll receive the same odds on either side. Will the favorite beat the spread, or will the underdog perform better than expected?
- Totals: This time around, you’ll be betting on the total number of points/goals/runs scored in the game. PointsBet will give you a number, and you’ll pick “over” or “under” that number.
- Parlays: Pick a number of selections (two or more), and if they all win, you’ll be in the money. These give you the opportunity to win big.
- Pick Your Own Spread: PointsBet gives you the opportunity of moving the lines. For example, if a team is a 10-point favorite, but you want to back them as a 3-point favorite at reduced odds, or as a 17-point favorite at increased odds, you can.
- Pick Your Own Total: Move the totals number in the same way and receive the appropriate odds.
- Futures: These are long-term wagers, usually over the length of a season. For example, you could back the Denver Broncos to win the Super Bowl in June.
Prop bets at PointsBet
One area where PointsBet specializes is prop betting. These are bets that happen within a game, as opposed to bets on the whole event. Many sites offer a range of prop bets, but there are not many that go as far as PointsBet.
Here are some example prop bets that it offers:
- Quarterback completion percentage.
- Player rushing yard and receiving yards.
- Time of the first touchdown (in seconds).
- Player shooting percentages (field goal percentage, free-throw percentage, three-pointer percentage, etc.).
- The time of the first basket by player.
- Player points multiples (first-quarter points multiplied by second-quarter points).
- Time, in minutes, played for players to pass.
- Longest made field goal distance in feet.
- Player points, assists and rebounds.
Range of sports offerings at PointsBet Colorado
Clicking the menu at the top left of the site will reveal a list of sports. The first four on the list are football, basketball, hockey and baseball.
PointsBet focuses on the major sports leagues and the best of college action. You can expect an extensive range of betting markets on every game, with many of those additional props in the mix.
Major sports coverage expands when the playoffs come to town, while futures markets include winners of the Super Bowl, the NBA Championship, the Stanley Cup and the World Series. You can expect to bet on conference winners and divisional races in each of these sports, too.
Among these sports is where you’ll find the broadest range of PointsBetting markets.
Popular global sports
Aside from major pro leagues, soccer is the most popular sport at PointsBet in Colorado. All of the big European leagues are available, as well as Major League Soccer. Also, you can expect a betting frenzy when tournaments, like the World Cup, come around.
The coverage of tennis and golf is extensive, featuring the major tours as well as coverage of the four Majors. The motorsports section contains betting on NASCAR and Formula 1. Also, you can enjoy wagering on the world’s biggest bouts in boxing and MMA.
There’s also a range of niche sports at PointsBet, including cricket, rugby, darts and cycling.
Deposit options at PointsBet in Colorado
PointsBet is fully regulated and legal in Colorado and, therefore, can offer a comprehensive range of banking options.
Deposit options include:
- Debit and Credit Cards: You can make an instant deposit using your Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card. Simply enter your card details online, and the funds will hit your account immediately. Some card issuing companies won’t facilitate direct deposits to gambling sites, however, so you may have to deposit using one of the methods below.
- ACH E-check: An e-check is essentially an electronic version of a classic paper check. This method allows you to transfer funds from your bank account to your PointsBet account.
- PointsBet Mastercard: You can move funds onto this branded prepaid card using a debit and credit card. It makes it an ideal option if your card-issuing company won’t allow deposits. You’ll then transfer funds from the card into your PointsBet account. You can request a branded card in the deposit section of the site.
With PointsBet having a physical location at the Double Eagle Hotel & Casino, you may in the future being able to deposit and cashout at the casino cage.
Customer services at PointsBet
If you have a question about anything regarding your PointsBet account, your first stop should be the “Help” section.
It covers your account, betting, rules and regulations. If you can’t resolve your query here, you can contact the customer service team in a couple of ways:
- Live Chat: Clicking the “Live Chat” option will bring up a chat window. Here, you’ll be in direct contact with a member of the team. To begin, enter your name, email address and your query.
- Email: Hit the email option, and your email software will open with the [email protected] address already in place. The PointsBet team will get back to you soon.
Responsible gaming at PointsBet CO
PointsBet in Colorado provides a series of options to encourage responsible gaming and help in case gambling gets out of hand.
As well as guidelines and links to organizations that can help, there are also practical measures in place, such as deposit and time limits.
In extreme cases, self-exclusion is an option, as well as account closure.
Wrapping up: How does PointsBet in Colorado compare?
PointsBet stands out in the Colorado sports betting market, not only because of its PointsBetting feature. Other significant differences include additional prop bets and ways to adjust the spreads and totals before you bet.
New bettors get two risk-free first bets worth up to $2,000. Your first fixed-odds wager is risk-free up to a maximum of $500 and your first PointsBetting wager is risk-free for up to a maximum of $1,500.
For a fresh approach to sports betting in Colorado, PointsBet is well worth checking out.
PointsBet Sportsbook Colorado FAQ
Enter the PointsBet promo code BETBONUS when you create a PointsBet account in Colorado to unlock up to $2,000 in risk-free bets. See above for full and complete details.
To download the PointsBet app, head to the online sportsbook site via mobile browser, select the “Get the App” banner at the top of the page and follow the on-screen steps to download it onto your Android or iOS device.
No, you don’t necessarily need the app to wager at PointsBet. You can also use the online sportsbook’s website to place bets in Colorado.
PointsBet must check that anyone who places bets is within Colorado state lines, so you will not be able to bypass this software. However, you also can use the PointsBet Sportsbook app if you’re in any of these states: CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV.
PointsBet Holding Limited owns the sportsbook of the same name. It is an Australian sports betting company that launched in Colorado in November 2020. PointsBet’s US headquarters are located in Colorado as well.
The minimum deposit at PointsBet can be as low as $5, and the maximum for some payment methods is $50,000.