Three title fights.
Champion vs Champion.
UFC betting in Colorado is about to have a heckuva Saturday.
If the UFC 259 card isn’t enough, DraftKings Sportsbook is running a promotion fitting of the event in Las Vegas.
All that needs to happen is a fighter lands just one punch for you to turn $1 into $100.
Before we get to the promo details, about those three title fights.
This will become just the sixth time in UFC history that three championship bouts will happen on the same card, at least according to CBSSports.
The most previous was UFC 251 last July.
The first was UFC 33 in September 2001.
UFC 259 DraftKings promo
Now to the promo that runs through Saturday’s main event.
The rules are pretty simple.
First, choose one of the night’s three title fights:
- Light-heavyweight champion Jan Błachowicz (27-8) vs. middleweight champion Israel Adesanya (20-0)
- Women’s featherweight champion Amanda Nunes (20-4) vs. Megan Anderson (11-4)
- Bantamweight champion Petr Yan (15-1) vs. Aljamain Sterling (19-3)
Then, follow these guidelines:
- This promo is for new DraftKings users only, and you must deposit at least $5 into your account.
- Once you do, place a $1 bet on one of the fighters from the three championship fights to win their bout. This must happen before the start of the main event.
- If either fighter in that bout lands a punch, you get your $100 bonus. It will be paid as four (4) $25 bonus, which must be used within seven days.
- The bonus amount is not included in any returns or winnings. Additionally, bonus are not redeemable for cash, non-transferable, and non-refundable.
- The promo excludes live bets, parlays, bonus, cash out bets and voided bets.
That’s all you have to do to win $100.
Another DraftKings boost?
For the bettors who have used DraftKings before, there’s an offering for you as well.
You’ll see an “Odds Boost” from the sportsbook.
It’s called “Brendan Schaub’s Picks.”
The bet is Adesanya, Nunes and Sterling all to win boosted to +275 (as of Saturday morning).
If your gut says all three will win, go for it.
Parlay betting in the UFC definitely adds another element of excitement.
However, remember that if one of the fighters you include in your parlay loses, your bet does as well. So there is an added risk to parlay betting.
UFC 259 odds
As for Saturday’s card, Colorado online sports betting will see two of the biggest names in MMA.
There’s the women’s GOAT in Amanda Nunez, who co-headlines the event. “The Lioness” faces Megan Anderson for one of her two belts, the women’s featherweight title.
It’s no surprise, but Nunes (-910) is a huge favorite over Johnson (+580) and this looks like a massive mismatch. But the great thing about MMA and sports, is anything can happen on any given night.
There’s also headliner Israel Adesanya, who could be the UFC’s next major superstar. The current middleweight champion will move up to light-heavyweight to face champion Jan Blachowicz.
“The Last Stylebender” (-235) is actually the favorite to take the light heavyweight belt from Blachowicz (+187) in what could be the fight of the night.
The other title fight on the card is for the bantamweight belt. Champion Petr Yan is set to face the No. 1 ranked Aljamain Sterling.
The fight between Yan (-134) and Sterling (+103) was a pick ’em early in the week but as shifted back to Yan as the slight favorite.
As veteran MMA writer and betting expert Dann Stupp pointed out, Sterling opened as the underdog and sharp UFC 259 bettors hammered the opening line of Sterling +125 to adjust the odds. Now that it’s shifted back to Yan, it’ll be interesting to if sharps jump on the adjusted fight line again.
Sports fans and bettors are in for an entertaining and fun next few weeks.
A stacked UFC 259 card with three title bouts and one knockout promo get the festivities started.
UFC 259 viewing info
What: UFC 259, “Blachowicz vs Adesanya”
When: Saturday, 6 p.m. MST prelims; 8 p.m. main card
Where: UFC APEX, Las Vegas
Watch: Prelims on ESPN/ESPN+; main card on ESPN+