Bally Bet first launched its online sportsbook in Colorado in May 2021. For new customers, Bally Bet is offering a risk-free first bet for up to $550.
Check out these top Colorado sportsbooks, or read on for a detailed review of Bally Bet.
On this page we’ll review what Bally Bet has to offer sports bettors in Colorado, including other promotions in addition to its welcome bonus, your options for betting on sports, how the sportsbook app measures up against the competition and other key aspects.
Bally Bet Sportsbook Colorado welcome bonus 2022
Once you create an account at Bally Bet, if your first bet at the sportsbook loses, you will receive a refund for the amount of the bet, up to $550.
|Online Sportsbook||Bally Bet Sportsbook Colorado|
|Bally Bet Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Risk Free First Bet||Up to $550|
|Online Since||May 2021|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Bally Bet Colorado welcome bonus — the fine print!
Here are the main things to be aware of when claiming Bally Bet’s welcome bonus:
- If your first bet wins, you receive your winnings and the welcome offer goes away.
- If your bet loses, however, Bally Bet will issue the refund as a free bet.
- The free bet expires seven days after Bally Bet issues it, and the maximum odds for the free bet are +300.
- If your free bet wins, you receive only the winnings from the bet. You don’t get the value of the free bet back.
While this is a solid welcome bonus, make sure you’re clear about getting the refund as a free bet, not cash. And the fact that your free wager has odds restrictions for how you can use it.
Can I trust Bally Bet Sportsbook?
Yes, Bally Bet Sportsbook is trustworthy. To launch in Colorado, it received a sports betting license from the Colorado Division of Gaming, which oversees sports betting in the state. If you have any problems with Bally Bet or another sportsbook, you can contact the CDG by emailing [email protected] or calling 303-205-1300.
In addition, here are some of the main sports betting regulations to be aware of in Colorado:
- You need to be 21 or older to create an account at a sportsbook and bet on sports.
- You need to be within Colorado state lines to place any bets. If you’re not in the state or you use a VPN to disguise your location, you won’t be able to bet at Bally or any other online sportsbook in the state.
- Colorado doesn’t allow prop bets on individual college athletes. You can, however, bet on college teams from the state like the Colorado Buffaloes and Air Force Falcons.
Getting started at Bally Bet Sportsbook in Colorado
To create an account at Bally Bet, head to the sportsbook site and select “Join Now.” If you already have a House Advantage card at Bally Bet, you’ll enter that number and the PIN. For everyone else, simply choose “Join Now” a second time. You’ll also need to supply the following details:
- Address (does not need to be in Colorado)
- Social Security number (last four digits)
You’ll also need to create a password and username, choose and answer a pair of security questions, and agree to Bally Bet’s terms and conditions.
How do I download the Bally Bet Colorado app?
Bally Bet’s sports betting app is available on both Android and iOS devices. The app functions pretty much the same on both operating systems, so you’ll be well taken care of regardless of your device.
- How to download Bally Bet for Android: At the Bally Bet Sportsbook site, scroll toward the bottom of the page and select the “Download for Android” option. The correct Bally Bet page will open in the Google Play Store, and you can download the app from there.
- How to download Bally Bet for iOS: Same as above, but this time choose “Download on the App Store.” Bally Bet’s app page will open in the Apple App Store, and you can install it from there.
Where do I find Bally Bet promotions?
To see Bally Bet’s promos, click “Promotions” at the top of your screen if you’re on the website. On the app, click the “More” button (lower left corner) and then choose “Promotions.”
From the promos page, you can see all the current bonuses that Bally Bet has to offer. You also will want to familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions button. Because while Bally Bet does a pretty good job of explaining each offer on the main page, you still should take a couple minutes to read the guidelines.
For instance, during Major League Soccer season, Bally Bet ran a promotion titled Colorado Collapse Protection. The main offer stated that if you bet on the Colorado Rapids and they surrendered a two-goal lead, you would get up to $25 back. What it failed to mention is that you receive the refund as a free bet, not cash.
Bally Bet also is one of the only sportsbooks we’ve seen offer free bets if you can prove you’ve been vaccinated for COVID-19. Just upload your vaccination card and get two $5 free bets.
Why should I choose the Bally Bet Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the things that stood out from our review of Bally Bet:
- Trophies: At Bally Bet you can earn trophies for placing and winning bets. What’s the big deal with trophies? Well, many of them also come with free bets. For example: Win 10 MLB bets, and you’ll get a $10 free bet. Or, even better, win 10 bets with odds of +300 or longer, and you’ll receive the Underdog Whisperer trophy and a $100 free bet.
- Bally Millions: With Bally Millions, you could win $1 million on a single $2 wager. Winning is not easy, of course — you have to accurately forecast the exact score for eight MLB games. But if you do, you’ll go home with $1 million.
- Loyalty club: At Bally Bet, you also become a member of the Bally Rewards club, which allows you to accrue points for each sports bet you place. You can redeem these points at Bally locations around the globe.
What won’t I like about the Bally Bet Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the main things to be aware of that might give you pause:
- Website and app differences: Using the Bally Bet app and website is not a seamless experience. You’ll find some features only available on the app (Bally Millions, for example), which is not ideal.
- Few promotions: We also are disappointed in the number of promotions that Bally Bet Sportsbook has to offer. While we do love the trophies and free bets that you can receive, it would be an improvement if Bally Bet were to offer more consistent promos.
- Lacking player props: It’s amazing how often we found no player prop bets available for top events like MLB and NBA While there were team and game props in such instances, not having player props for some games might very well be a deal-breaker for some bettors.
What kind of bets can I make at Bally Bet Colorado?
Bally Bet online sportsbook has a variety of options, including most of the standard bets you’d expect at an online sportsbook. Here’s a sample game and some of the sports betting odds you might see:
|Las Vegas Raiders||+240||+6.5 (-110)||Over 48.5 (-110)|
|Denver Broncos||-280||-6.5 (-110)||Under 48.5 (-110)|
- Moneylines: Bet on the side that you think will win a game. In the example above, the Denver Broncos’ negative moneyline indicates they are the favorite. The -280 means a bet of $280 would win a profit of $100 if correct. For the Las Vegas Raiders, meanwhile, +240 odds mean that if you placed a bet of $100 and won, you’d make a profit of $240.
- Spreads: With a point spread of 6.5 as in the example above, the favored Broncos would need to beat the Raiders by at least seven points for spread bets on them to win. The Raiders, meanwhile, would need to win by any score or lose by six or fewer points.
- Totals: It doesn’t matter which team wins or loses. You are just betting on the total combined score. Our example game has a line of 48.5, so you could bet on the actual total score to be over 48.5 or under 48.5.
- Props: Proposition bets, aka props, are wagers on whether particular events will occur in a game. These bets can be on individual players, teams or the game itself. A player prop bet could be for Courtland Sutton to finish with over 94.5 yards receiving. A team prop might be for the Broncos to finish with under 8.5 penalties. And a game prop could be for the score to be tied at the end of regulation.
- Futures: These are bets that likely won’t settle until the end of the season. Betting on a team to win the Super Bowl, for example. And most of the time you can place a wager like this shortly after the previous Super Bowl has ended. You’ll also find a variety of futures bets for individual players.
- Parlays: To place a parlay, you choose multiple individual bets and combine them together. This gives you a larger potential payout, but you need to get each of your individual picks correct. Otherwise, you win nothing.
- Round robins: These are similar to parlays, but arranged so that you can still win some money if you miss a pick.
- Live betting: Place bets on games that have already started. Bally Bets will be updating the lines frequently due to what is taking place on the field. Big plays or major injuries will cause corresponding shifts in the lines and odds.
Can I bet on the Avalanche at Bally Bet CO?
Yes, you can bet on the Colorado Avalanche as well as the rest of the NHL at Bally Bet. In addition to the bets we went over above, you’ll also find some hockey-specific bets like the following:
- Grand Salami: Yes, this bet could leave you craving a meat and cheese platter, but it’s actually for the number of goals across the entire NHL on a single day. It’s essentially just one giant totals bet that takes each game’s final score into account.
- Goal scorers: You could wager on Nathan MacKinnon to score a game’s last goal, first goal or just any goal, for instance.
- Three-way moneyline: This allows you to bet on the score being tied at the end of regulation, in addition to betting on either side to win. If you bet on one of the two teams to win, that team needs to win in regulation.
How do I get money on (and off!) Bally Bet Sportsbook quickly?
When it comes to depositing and withdrawing money, Bally Bet has most of the standard options. We wish there were more choices for withdrawing, though. Adding PayPal would be a big step up, for example.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Credit/Debit Card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover)||$10||Instant|
|Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Instant|
|Instant Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Play+ Prepaid Card||No Minimum||Up to 48 Hours|
|ACH (e-check)||No Minimum||Up to 48 Hours|
How do I get help at Bally Bet Colorado Sportsbook?
There are three options for getting help from a Bally Bet customer service agent if and when you need it:
- Calling 844-844-3238.
- Emailing [email protected].
- Live chatting with a Bally Bet representative. Click “Contact Us” and then select the red “Support” bubble.
Additionally, you can click on the sportsbook’s FAQ page to look for a solution on your own.
How do I exclude myself from Bally Bet?
If you want to exclude yourself from Bally Bet Sportsbook, you’ll need to send an email to [email protected] In the subject line, write “Permanent account closure” and in the body of the email include your name and the email address associated with your account. A customer service agent will be in touch.
Instead of shutting down your account entirely, you also can impose limits at Bally Bet. To do this, sign into your account and select “Responsible Gaming.” From there, you can control how much money you can deposit or wager during given periods of time.
Can I bet at Bally Bet Sportsbook in person?
No, at this time you cannot bet with Bally Bet in person in Colorado. While Bally Bet’s land-based casino partner in the Centennial State is Bally’s Casino Black Hawk, there isn’t a retail Bally Bet Sportsbook there. There is, however, a DraftKings retail sportsbook at Bally’s Casino.
How does Bally Bet compare to other Colorado sportsbooks?
Bally Bet is a good, trustworthy sportsbook in Colorado, but how does it rate against some of its top competitors?
- DraftKings vs. Bally Bet: To start things off we prefer the risk-free bet for up to $550 at Bally compared to the $1,000 deposit match bonus at DraftKings Sportsbook. That’s because the DraftKings bonus comes with a 25x playthrough requirement. After that, however, the promotions are far superior at DraftKings, as are the betting options. We also like that you can play DFS with DraftKings.
- PointsBet vs. Bally Bet: Both sportsbooks offer risk-free opening bets. However, PointsBet gives you two, for up to $2,000 total. PointsBet also has more betting options.
You also will find more promos at PointsBet, though there is nothing comparable to the trophies and free wagers you can receive at Bally Bet.
- FanDuel vs. Bally Bet: FanDuel’s risk-free bet has a maximum that’s nearly twice as high ($1,000) as Bally Bet’s. Also, the refund is in bonus funds, as opposed to the single free bet you at Bally Bet. FanDuel Sportsbook‘s other promotions, betting options and functionality are equally strong.
- BetMGM vs. Bally Bet: BetMGM’s risk-free first bet is for up to $1,000, and for your refund, you can potentially receive multiple free bets, as opposed to just one at Bally. BetMGM Sportsbook also tends to offer more other promotions than Bally Bet.
Does Bally Bet have a welcome bonus for new users?
Yes, new customers can receive a risk-free bet for up to $550. If your bet loses, you’ll receive a refund as a free bet that you can place on the sportsbook.
Why does Bally Bet Sportsbook want to track my location?
Because you can place bets only from within Colorado. Bally Bet uses geolocation to monitor where you are, and you won’t be able to bet if you aren’t in the state.
What sets Bally Bet apart compared to other Colorado sportsbooks?
At Bally Bet you can win trophies based on what you bet on and how successful your bets have been. Many of the trophies will award you free bets, often for $10 or $20, but sometimes for more.
Can I bet on the CU Buffs and CSU Rams at Bally Bet Sportsbook?
Yes, Colorado allows you to bet on in-state college teams. You won’t be able to place prop bets on individual college athletes, however.
How does Bally Bet pay out when I win?
When you want to cash out at Bally Bet Sportsbook, you can do so using a Bally Bet Play+ prepaid card or by requesting your money as an e-check. Bally Bet does not charge a withdrawal fee for either option and generally processes requests within 48 hours.
Do you have to live in Colorado to wager at Bally Bet?
No, being a resident of Colorado is not a requirement for betting at Bally Bet. You don’t even need to be in Colorado to sign up, but you need to place bets.