BetMGM is one of the Colorado originals.
When Colorado sports betting became official on May 1, it was one of four apps to launch. Since then, BetMGM has become one of the more popular sports betting apps in Colorado.
Throw in BetMGM’s multiyear agreement with the Denver Broncos, and the sportsbook is a major player in the new Colorado market. That agreement with the Broncos includes an in-stadium betting lounge on the first concourse at Empower Field at Mile High.
When Broncos Country is allowed to attend games again, how much that betting lounge moves the needle for BetMGM will be interesting.
With that said, what are three things you should know about the BetMGM sports betting app?
View this article as a mini-guide on what you need to know. For more information, here is the complete review of the BetMGM Sportsbook app.
1. BetMGM promotions
One way sportsbooks attract new customers is through promotions.
For those new to sports betting, sportsbook apps will offer sign-up promos, and BetMGM is no different.
Through the end of July, BetMGM CO welcomes new customers with a 100% matched deposit that’s worth up to $500. Use the BetMGM bonus code PLAYBONUS to claim this offer.
Deposit bonuses are always a good way to begin the betting experience.
The other way sportsbooks run promotions is via the various leagues.
Now that the Colorado Rockies have started their 2020 season and MLB betting in Colorado is live, the various sportsbooks offered numerous promos for baseball bettors to use.
Obviously, the promotions at the sportsbook depend on the league that is in play. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has made the world of sports even more unique.
For Broncos fans, this is where BetMGM can stand out.
The partnership, which was announced in early July, will include various in-stadium promos. BetMGM’s season-long promo is the First Possession Payoff.
BetMGM also offers a free-to-play mobile game that will be available to Broncos fans on the team’s official mobile app.
Seasonal promotions at BetMGM
- Money Monday Club: If you sign up and place $50 in qualifying wagers during the previous week, you will receive a $10 bonus on Monday.
- Overtime Insurance: If you lose an NFL bet in overtime, you can get up to $25 in bonus back.
- Bet Basketball Live: If you place live bets on NBA and college basketball games throughout the week, you’ll receive a bonus. For example, betting $25 worth will win you $5, while $500 worth of bets will earn you a $50 boost.
- Parlay Insurance: If you miss one leg on a five-team parlay wager, you can get up to $25 back in bonus bets.
- Power Parlay Leaderboard: A monthlong parlay competition in which you can climb the leaderboard with successful wagers. Top finishers have a shot at weekly and monthly prizes.
- Follow the Puck: Place a series of pregame hockey bets and win a free live bet of up to $100. Place $25 in wagers throughout the week and win a $5 free live bet. A bet of $500 or more will earn you a $100 live bet.
- Odds Boosts: Check the homepage at BetMGM for regular odds boosts across all of your favorite sports.
2. Variety of sports betting options
When sportsbooks talk about why they want to come to Colorado, one of the popular responses is the size of the state’s sports betting catalog.
So, the expectation is that the CO sports betting apps offer as much of that catalog as possible.
BetMGM does that. From the review:
- Football: You’ll find detailed betting coverage of the NFL and college football, with many prop bets, alternative spreads and totals available.
- Basketball: A full range of bets are available on all NBA games. That includes games for ranked college basketball teams, with additional props as postseason hits and March Madness takes over in the spring.
- Baseball: Every game in the regular season is available, with run-line, moneyline, totals wagers and more. Further props come about when the playoffs and the World Series come around.
- Hockey: BetMGM offer wagers on every single game during the NHL regular season, as well as international hockey games. The most significant betting action is on the Stanley Cup Final.
- Soccer: Look for a wide range of soccer betting encompassing MLS. Also look for the best of the big European leagues, including the English Premier League, La Liga and Serie A. Major international competitions, such as the World Cup, are covered extensively.
- Golf: BetMGM features extensive golf betting on the most significant golf events, including the PGA Tour and the European Tour. Futures wagers are available on all four majors.
- Tennis: Tennis is the sport of choice for live betting for many, with global events going on around the clock. BetMGM features all of the action from the ATP and WTA tours, as well as the four Grand Slam events.
- Motorsports: Bet on the best of the action in both NASCAR and Formula One, with both race markets and futures available.
- Boxing and MMA: You can bet on the biggest UFC and boxing bouts worldwide, with a variety of prop bets on the headline contests.
BetMGM also includes betting options for niche sports, including rugby union, rugby league, cricket and a range of international sports.
3. Modern, user-friendly design
Of course, none of the promotions or sports betting options matter if you can’t use the app. If prospective bettors struggle to find what they’re looking for, they could be gone.
You needn’t fret about either with this app. BetMGM offers a modern design that is user-friendly.
As the BetMGM review points out, the color scheme gives the site a sense of style. The rolling ads feature the best betting options with a slick, professional feel.
A series of icons for each sport, links to promotions, odds boosts and account management are across the top of the app.
According to the app review, the site features the conventional three-column design. There are menus in the left-hand column. The betting markets are in the larger middle space and the bet slip is on the right-hand side.
There are a lot of factors in deciding what sports betting app to use. If you’re new to the form of entertainment, it can be overwhelming.
For those thinking about the BetMGM app, these three things to know should help in your decision-making process.