Colorado sports betting is a reality, including betting on your mobile phone.
The Centennial State rolled out the first batch of online sportsbooks on May 1. As the industry grows, many more will join the marketplace.
Mobile betting offers many advantages. These include innovative ways to bet, including the popular in-play (live) betting. Android users can access all the perks of an online sportsbook just by downloading an app.
Here’s everything you need to know about betting on your Android device in the Centennial State, including how to choose a great brand from the sportsbooks active in Colorado. You’ll also find information on how to download, register, deposit, and place your bets.
Install Android sports betting apps in Colorado
Google won’t allow sports betting apps in its Google Play Store; instead, you must download the app directly from the website.
Whichever sports betting site you use, the sportsbook will provide thorough instructions. When you access the website via your Android phone or tablet, the book will typically prompt you to install the app.
Usually, when you download the app, you will get a warning about an “unknown source.” Depending on your device, you can either dismiss the alert or go to the settings to allow these types of downloads.
It’s safe to download an Android app from a legal, regulated sportsbook. As an extra check, you can make sure that your connection is secure (using https).
Furthermore, you will need to allow the app to detect your location, so the sportsbook knows you are within CO state lines when placing a bet.
Choose an Android sportsbook in Colorado
Legal sports betting has been rolling out in various states since 2018.
By now, the major brands have had time to work out any bugs or geolocation issues. Most legal sportsbooks offer high-quality Android apps.
To identify the right sportsbook for you, look for competitive odds and excellent coverage of your favorite sports teams. Your checklist should include props and other special bets, along with popular wagers.
Welcome bonuses and ongoing promotions are also worth comparing.
There is nothing to stop you from enjoying bonus, bonus first bets, and matched welcome offers at several various books.
Promotions can boost your bankroll as well as help you identify which Android sportsbooks you like best.
Android sportsbooks: Welcome bonuses and promotions
Here are some of the welcome bonus offers you can expect when Android-based sportsbooks launch in Colorado:
- Matched deposit bonus: When you initially deposit, the sportsbook will match it at 100%. This bonus will usually come in the form of bonus; however, there will be a wagering requirement before your bonus bets become cashable.
- bonus: You’ll receive smaller bonus by signing up at some Android sportsbooks. This type of deal gives you wagers in the $20 range, and are often given in addition to deposit bonuses as a way of checking out an app.
- bonus bet: bonus wagers are an exciting way to kick off your account. Make a deposit and bet. If the wager loses, you’ll get your money back as a bonus. You can get your bankroll off to a flying start if your initial bet wins.
As well as the offers that give new players an early boost, Android-based sportsbooks will also offer a series of ongoing promotions.
Here are some of the most popular regular promos:
- Loyalty schemes: Earn points every time you place a bet, which you can cash in for bonus, bonuses, or merchandise.
- Bet insurance: Parlay players often benefit from bet insurance, where you’ll receive a money-back offer if one leg of your parlay lets you down. Some sites will also offer insurance if a football or basketball game heads into overtime and your wager loses.
- Odds boosts: Odds boosts will apply to select markets, giving the site in question the lead when it comes to its lines. Usually, these boosts will apply to the major events of the day (or the season).
After downloading the app and checking out all of the potential bonuses and promotions, you’ll be ready to register and make your first deposit.
Register at an Android sportsbook in Colorado
The registration process at a sportsbook is simple, and you can even complete it on your Android device.
First, you’ll need to supply your name, email address, date of birth, your home address, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
To place a sportsbook wager in Colorado, you’ll need to be at least 21 years or older.
You can use sports betting app anywhere. However, when you register, deposit, and bet, you’ll need to be in Colorado because the geolocation software will detect if you are outside state lines.
Deposits and withdrawals at Android sportsbooks in Colorado
Now that you’ve downloaded the app and registered, you’ll be ready to make your first deposit.
At legal and registered sports betting sites in Colorado, you’ll find a range of banking options available.
Here’s a look at some of the most popular deposit options:
- Credit and debit cards: These are the most popular choice due to the ease of making a deposit. Enter your card details, including the CVV security number and the amount you want to deposit. The funds will transfer to your account immediately. Most sportsbooks accept Visa and Mastercard.
- PayPal: This popular payment company is ideal for making a sportsbook deposit if you don’t mind paying a small fee. First, add funds to your PayPal account and then transfer the money into your sports betting account. If you use this method, you have the option of withdrawing funds back into your PayPal account. Other similar third-party payment companies, such as Neteller and Skrill, are also options.
- Bank transfers: An ACH transfer is the quickest and easiest method, and is instant if you get the payment verified in advance. An ACH transfer is the electronic equivalent of a paper check (they are often called e-checks). You can also use bill pay and wire transfers, with the latter better suited for high-end deposit amounts.
- Prepaid cards: Some sportsbooks offer branded prepaid cards, ensuring acceptance when you make a deposit. You’ll be able to order these by visiting the cashier section of the site. You’ll then have the option to load funds onto it, which you’ll then transfer to the sportsbook. You’ll also be able to withdraw to these cards and spend them like any other debit and credit card. Also, nonbranded cards are available to make deposits. Be sure to check with the sportsbook to see if deposits are available before you purchase a prepaid card.
- Cash: You may be able to make a cash deposit in person at a retail sportsbook. It depends on which sportsbooks link up with which operator. Other cash options include PayNearMe, where you can arrange to deposit at stores such as 7-Eleven and CVS.
Withdrawals are straightforward, especially if you are using PayPal or a prepaid card. Alternative withdrawal methods include an ACH transfer or the traditional, old-fashioned check.
Is sports betting legal in Colorado?
Yes, sports betting is perfectly legal in Colorado.
In 2018, the US Supreme Court overturned the federal law PASPA, which banned sports betting in most states. Now, individual states can determine their own sports betting laws.
A growing number of states have already introduced legal sports betting. Residents of Colorado were given the option to vote in a referendum. The vote was for approval of bill HB 19-1327 (known as proposition DD), and the “yes” vote won narrowly.
In Colorado, both professional and college sports are available for wagering.
The only restrictions are high school sports and college sports prop bets.
To place a sports bet in Colorado, you have to be 21 years or older and be within state lines. Geolocation software today is highly accurate, meaning you won’t be able to wager the moment you step outside of Colorado.
Which sports can I bet on in Colorado?
The sport that generates the most enthusiasm in Colorado is football.
Interest in betting on the NFL is huge at any sportsbook. However, CO being home to the Denver Broncos, it will be even more so.
Classic lines such as the point spread, moneyline, and totals will be available. Additionally, there will be a range of alternative bet types, such as half-time betting, player props, and alternative lines.
Bets ramp up even further when the Super Bowl comes around, with a whole industry of prop bets around the big game.
Colorado is a sports state, with the Denver Nuggets, the Colorado Rockies, the Colorado Avalanche and the Broncos.
Some diehard fans may want to parlay a futures bet on the Broncos, the Nuggets, the Rockies, and the Avalanche.
As well as professional sports, college sports will be high on the agenda.
College football is always a popular betting option on a Saturday. College basketball fans will get particularly interested when March Madness hits.
Other popular sports betting options include:
- Boxing, mixed martial arts (usually UFC)
- Motorsports (including NASCAR and Formula One)
If you’re into any of these sports, you’ll find plenty of options at your sportsbook of choice.
Other sports you might find include rugby, cricket, and Australian rules football.
Bet types available at Android sportsbooks in Colorado
You’ll be able to make every wager that is available at a retail sportsbook, plus some innovative ones on your sports betting app.
Here is an overview:
- Individual match bets: On individual games, the most popular bets are point spread, moneyline, and totals wagers. These are available on all games in all the major leagues. In baseball and hockey, the point spread is the run line and the puck line, where the underdog is given a 1.5 run/goal advantage).
- Multiple match bets: Bets on several games include parlays, round robins, and teasers are all excellent options if you want to try and make that big play.
- Prop bets: These popular wagers allow you to bet on player performances and events within a game, e.g., the number of points a team will score within a quarter.
- In-play: Live betting is perfect for your Android device. You bet on the action while it is ongoing with fast-moving lines and odds. You can bet on a live event while you’re in the crowd.
- Futures: The final option is futures bets, which are longer-term wagers. Good examples are bets on a franchise to land the Super Bowl or to win the World Series in baseball.
In summary: Android sports betting in Colorado
It’s an exciting time for sports fans in Colorado, with online betting live and more betting app options on the way.
Having the ability to bet on your Android mobile device is something that could only be dreamed of many years ago. Today, however, mobile betting is becoming the dominant force in the industry. As such, sportsbooks will ensure your betting experience is the best it can be.