Wildwood Casino knows how to make an entrance.
The casino in Cripple Creek launched both its retail sportsbook and mobile sports betting app on Tuesday. Wildwood did so just days before the Colorado Rockies open their 2020 season.
Dubbed “Woody’s Sportsbook,” the new book at the Wildwood is the fourth physical sportsbook to open in Colorado and the first in Cripple Creek.
Wildwood Casino latest to launch sports betting app
BetWildwood is the 10th sports betting app to join the Colorado sports betting market. Now that major US sports are close to returning, bettors can expect to see more CO sports betting apps launch in the next few weeks.
In the meantime, sports bettors in Colorado have another retail and mobile option from which to choose.
Wildwood Casino’s General Manager Matt Andrighetti said in a press release:
“We’re excited to welcome sports bettors to the premier of our sportsbook. It’s been a long wait getting to this day with the pandemic canceling sporting events, but we’ve made it.”
Another option for Colorado sports bettors
The BetWildwood app is user friendly. As is the case with the other Colorado sports betting apps, you must reside in Colorado to download it and test your luck. BetWildwood is available for download for iPhone and Android devices.
Wildwood’s sports betting operation is powered by Las Vegas-based ISI Race & Sports, which includes the mobile sports betting app.
According to the press release, ISI was responsible for developing the first self-service kiosks used in Nevada, and has previously worked with William Hill and IGT.
ISI President Bill Sterns said in the release:
“We are very excited about the opportunity to help bring sports betting to Colorado. We’ve been doing this for more than 20 years and have developed best practices that help our partners get out of the gate early and maintain their lead in sports betting.”
Woody’s Sportsbook welcomes bettors
For those who want the retail sportsbook experience, you will find it in Woody’s Sports Bar & Grill at the Wildwood Casino.
According to the press release, here’s what you can expect at Woody’s Sportsbook:
- A full bar and restaurant.
- A wall of TVs.
- Two ticket windows supplemented by a number of betting kiosks.
The press release adds that live ticket writers are available during the hours of 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. when the restaurant is open.
The sportsbook is operating under the health and safety precautions necessary due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the press release. The same guidelines were put in place by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) when Colorado casinos were allowed to reopen in mid-June.
The press release adds those who go to the sportsbook will see an interesting feature. Each sportsbook chair has a button that guests press when they’re ready to leave. This alerts the casino staff to sanitize the seat for the next guest.
Guests at the casino or Woody’s Sportsbook will also have to wear a face mask. Gov. Jared Polis issued a statewide mask requirement last Thursday.
Quite the time to launch
As noted earlier, Woody’s Sportsbook and BetWildwood are launching at the prime moment.
- The Rockies open their season at the Texas Rangers on Friday. Thus, fans get their first opportunity for MLB betting.
- The Denver Nuggets return on July 28 and will look to recapture their magic from March.
- The Colorado Avalanche returns to the ice on Aug. 2 and remains a Stanley Cup favorite. That will serve as the first chance for fans to bet on the NHL in Colorado.
- Of course, there’s also the king of Colorado: the Denver Broncos. The NFL is still on track to report for training camp on July 28, to begin work for the 2020 season in early August. Fans want to see if Drew Lock and the Broncos can live up to the hype. It will be interesting to watch if that hype correlates to NFL betting for Broncos Country.
The return of US sports paired with more betting apps getting into the market will only add to the excitement.