Derek Helling serves as a contributing writer to PlayColorado. Since starting to cover regulated gambling in the US in 2019, Derek has helped report on the lead-up to legalized sports betting in Colorado and written about the professional and college teams in the state.
Derek has also helped manage the BetHer site, which shines a spotlight on women’s sporting events and legal sports betting related to those events. He has also covered sports business and law for various publications, including Advocacy for Fairness in Sports.
For more than 20 years, Derek has served as a journalist. He now lives in Chicago with his wife and overlord Munchkin cats.
Posts by Derek Helling:
- Sporttrade Gets More From Nasdaq Than Financial Investment In Future Colorado Sports Betting Product, 14 Sep 2021
- Tipico Selects Denver As Site For New US-Based Technology Hub, 09 Sep 2021
- Sporttrade Ready To Bring Exchange Model To Colorado Sports Bettors, 04 Aug 2021
- KS Rep. Brandon Woodard Ready To Tackle Kansas Gambling Expansion, 14 Jul 2021
- Colorado Bettors Likely To Keep Digging Denver Nuggets Futures As NBA Playoffs Open, 18 May 2021
- CO Sportsbooks Keeping The Faith In Avalanche As 2021 NHL Playoffs Begin, 17 May 2021
- Smarkets Serving Up SBK Sportsbook As New CO Betting App Option, 04 Jun 2020
- Sasquatch Casino Hopes To Take A Big Foothold Of CO Sportsbook Market, 26 May 2020
- BetRivers Adds To Esports Betting Buffet With Markets On NBA 2K League Events, 22 May 2020
- Bundesliga Could Become ‘Das Held’ (The Hero) For Colorado’s Online Sportsbooks, 07 May 2020