Z Casino Black Hawk Review
Z Casino Black Hawk, formerly known as Bullwhacker’s, is one of 40 casinos in Colorado. Maverick Gaming owns and operates this casino, along with Grand Z Casino Hotel and the Dragon Tiger Casino in Central City.
The Z features more than 400 slot and video poker machines, and offers blackjack, roulette and poker.
There isn’t a hotel on the premises, but there is one at Grand Z, which is less than a 10-minute drive away.
- Address: 101 Gregory St., Black Hawk, CO 80422
- Owner and Operator: Maverick Gaming
- Hours: 8 a.m.-3 a.m. Mondays-Wednesdays, 8 a.m.-midnight Thursdays, 24 hours Fridays-Saturdays and 12 a.m.-3 a.m.; 8 a.m.-3 a.m. Sunday.
- Casino Games: 409 slots, blackjack, poker and roulette
- Sportsbook: None
- Poker: No poker room
of Gold Coins for $10
Z Casino gaming floor
Z Casino boasts hundreds of games but does not host a poker room. The video poker and slot machines range in price from pennies up to $100.
There are 409 slots and video poker machine at Z Casino.
The denominations run from pennies up to $100, which is the highest amount that Colorado gaming law permits. Z Casinos offers the newest machines as well as hard-to-find video craps, blackjack and roulette machines.
Z Casino has five table games for its patrons to choose from, offering blackjack, roulette, and poker to play.
Z Casino rewards program
Z Casino Black Hawk has a rewards program called Club Z, which it shares with fellow Maverick Gaming casinos Johnny Z’s and Grand Z, both in Central City, CO.
Club Z features four tiers: Club, Flame, Nitro and Turbo. The more members play with their Club Z cards, the more points they earn and thus, the more comps, discounts and giveaways they receive.
Some of the perks of being a Club Z member include:
- Monthly casino promotions and rewards.
- Member-only specials.
- Car giveaways.
- Z Casino’s famous prime rib meal deal. Members who earn 100 points in one day receive a free prime rib dinner that day only.
Club Z members climb the following tiers by earning enough points in six-month periods:
- Club: 0-4,999 points
- Flame: 5,000-24,999 points)
- Nitro: 25,000-49,999 points
- Turbo: 50,000+ points
Z Casino poker room
Z Casino does not have a poker room.
Amenities at Z Casino Black Hawk
Z Casino does not have an on-site hotel; however, its website offers accommodations at its sister casino, Grand Z, which is a short drive away. Be advised, though, that Grand Z is not in Black Hawk.
The Z does have two restaurants on the premises.
- Mustang Grill: Serves American-style food, including burgers, sandwiches, steaks, ribs, soups and salads. It also serves breakfast all day.
- ZBucks: This deli offers Starbucks beverages and quick to-go options, including sandwiches, pizza and ice cream.
Its sister casino, Grand Z Casino Hotel in Central City, is home to The Mile High Room for entertainment. The entertainment space, on the second floor of the casino, features a dance floor and stage. It hosts live musical shows regularly, mostly on Friday and Saturday nights.
Z Casino Sportsbook
The owner of Z Casino had its own branded retail and online sportsbook, Maverick Sportsbook. But Maverick shut down its mobile operations and its three retail sportsbooks this summer. There is currently no sports betting at Z Casino.
Z Casino history
The building that houses Z Casino in Black Hawk is the original home of Bullwhackers Casino, one of Colorado’s first casinos that opened in 1992.
In 2013, CC Gaming purchased the property, renovated it, and renamed it Z Casino.
In 2019, CC Gaming was bought by Maverick Gaming in a purchase that included Johnny Z Casino and Grand Z Casino in Central City, CO.