Ute Mountain Casino Hotel Review
Ute Mountain Casino Hotel is one of 40 casinos in Colorado. The property is owned and operated by the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe.
Located in Towaoc, Ute Mountain has nearly 800 slot and video poker machines as well as six table games. It also features a 90-room hotel with sprawling mountain views, an indoor pool with jacuzzi, a sauna, and fitness center. Additionally, there is a full-service restaurant, snack shop, and gift shop. Ute Mountain Casino also has a conference and meeting space for up to 400 people.
With sportsbooks now live in Colorado starting May 1, 2020, Ute Mountain Casino has plans to begin taking sports wagers at that time.
Ute Mountain Casino Hotel
- Address: 3 Weeminuche Dr., Towaoc, CO
- Owner: Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
- Operator: Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
- Hours: 24 hours / 7 days a week
- Casino games: 780 slots, blackjack, roulette, three-card poker, ultimate Texas hold’em, bingo
- Sportsbook: Planning to add sportsbook in 2020
- Poker: Ute Mountain Casino does not have a poker room
Ute Mountain Casino Sportsbook
Online gambling is not allowed in Colorado, however beginning May 1, 2020, sports betting, both in casinos and online will be legal.
The Ute Mountain Ute Tribe announced it does plan to open a sportsbook at its casino, though exact plans have not been made public as of yet.
As a tribal casino, neither Ute Mountain nor Colorado’s other tribal casino, Sky Ute Casino, need to apply for a sports betting license. The two casinos are simply allowed to operate any game of chance that is legal at the state-regulated level.
Ute Mountain Casino announced it plans to open a sportsbook, but has not gone into detail about whether it will be retail only or online as well.
Tribal casinos have begun offering sports betting in the past couple of years. The Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians were the first Tribal casino outside Nevada to open a sportsbook at the end of August 2018. Later that same year, Santa Ana Star Casino and Hotel in Bernalillo, NM, which is run by the Tamaya Nation at Pueblo of Santa Ana, added sports betting.
Here is a look at a few of the other Tribal casinos that opened in 2019:
- The Book: The Pueblo of Laguna and Laguna Development Corporation opened a full-service sportsbook at its Route 66 Casino Hotel in Albuquerque at a cost of $3.4 million.
- Sportsbook at the Inn: The Mescalero Apache Tribe opened this sportsbook as part of its Mountain Gods Resort & Casino in New Mexico. Betting and gaming company William Hill was chosen to run the sportsbook, marking William Hill’s first Tribal agreement outside of Nevada.
Ute Mountain Casino Hotel gaming
Ute Mountain Casino Hotel features 32,000 square feet of gaming space with 780 gaming machines, six table games, and a 400-seat bingo hall. When it opened in 1992 it was the first Tribal casino in Colorado. It remains the largest casino in the Four Corners area.
Ute Mountain’s slot and video poker machines range from pennies to $100, the highest amount allowed in the state.
Featuring more than 50 multi-denomination multi-games, the slots at Ute Mountain Casino have plenty to offer. The property’s progressive machines are hooked up to other participating casinos in Colorado, allowing players the chance to win massive jackpots. Slots range from pennies to $100.
Ute Mountain boasts some of the latest and greatest slot titles on its gaming floor. Some recent additions include:
- Wonder 4 Jackpots
- Wheel of Fortune 4D
- Gold Stacks 88
- Buffalo Diamond Edition
Ute Mountain offers blackjack, roulette, three-card poker and Ultimate Texas Hold’em. Customers can potentially win 500 times their wager with King’s Bounty Blackjack side bet too. If you are unfamiliar with any games or payouts, their staff is ready and willing to explain.
Ute Mountain Casino poker room
Ute Mountain Casino does not currently have a poker room.
Ute Mountain rewards program
The rewards program offered at Ute Mountain Casino is called the Mountain Rewards Club. Members of the Mountain Rewards Club can redeem the points they earn for meals, hotel room stays, merchandise, members-only specials and more. The more points players earn, the higher tiers they reach, and the more rewards they are given. Points are earned by playing casino games and spending money in Ute Mountain restaurants.
There are four tiers members can reach in the Mountain Rewards Club. Here’s a look at the points needed to reach each and a few of the perks associated with each level:
- Basin: 0-4,999 points. At the base level there are no special rewards for players.
- Mesa: 5,000-24,999 points. Two-times points multipliers, slots only, on specific days, 5% off at Kuchu’s and snack bar, and 10% off at the gift shop.
- Timberline: 25,000-74,999 points. Three-times points multipliers, slots only, on specific days, 10% off at Kuchu’s, snack bar, and the gift shop. Complimentary monthly dinner for two at Kuchus and one complimentary room per month.
- Pinnacle: 75,000+ points. Five times points multipliers, slots only, on specific days, 25% off at Kuchu’s and snack bar, and 10% off at the gift shop. Complimentary monthly dinner for two at Kuchus, one complimentary room per month, and $0.05 off per gallon of gas at the Travel Center.
Ute Mountain Casino Hotel amenities
Ute Mountain Casino Hotel features a 90-room hotel. Guests receive complimentary Wi-Fi, balconies with sprawling mountain views, access to the indoor pool and jacuzzi, and use of the fitness center.
There also is meeting and event space that has the capacity to hold up to 500 people for sit-down banquets.
Ute Mountain Casino has a snack bar and one restaurant to choose from.
- Kuchu’s: Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a traditional dinner, Kuchu’s has you covered. The breakfast buffet is open from 7-11 a.m. and the lunch buffet from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. They also have various dinner buffets to choose from, times vary depending on the day.
Ute Mountain Casino history
Opened in September 1992 and was the first Tribal casino in Colorado. It is currently the largest casino in the Four Corners area.
The Ute Mountain Ute Tribe is part of the Weeminuche Band, one of seven original Ute bands that resided in Colorado. Today the Tribe is known as the oldest continuous residents of the state.