Sky Ute Casino Resort
Sky Ute Casino Resort is one of 40 casinos in Colorado, but one of only two in the Four Corners area in the southwestern part of the state. The property opened in 2008 and is owned and operated by the Southern Ute Indian Tribe.
It is located in Ignacio, CO, near the base of the San Juan Mountains, and is home to 600 slot and video poker machines, eight table games, and a 200-seat bingo hall.
Sky Ute Casino also features a 140-room hotel, a bowling alley, arcade room, and an 18-hole miniature golf course. It also offers RV parking from April 1 through mid-November, weather permitting.
It is expected, with sports betting live in Colorado effective May 1, 2020, that Sky Ute Casino will have a sportsbook in the very near future.
Sky Ute Casino Resort
- Address: 14324 Hwy 172 North, Ignacio, CO
- Owner: Southern Ute Indian Tribe
- Operator: Southern Ute Indian Tribe
- Hours: 24 hours / 7 days a week
- Casino games: 600 slots, blackjack, three-card poker, craps, roulette, bingo
- Sportsbook: Launched the Sky Ute Sportsbook mobile betting app on June 9.
- Poker: Sky Ute Casino does not have a poker room
Sky Ute Casino Sportsbook
While Colorado gaming law does not allow online casino gambling, beginning May 1, 2020, both on-site and online sports wagering will be permitted.
Sky Ute opened up its online sportsbook in June 2020. The product is powered by USBookmaking, which handles some of the other tribal sportsbooks around the country.
Presumably, USBookmaking will power the retail book at Sky Ute when it opens.
Sky Ute Casino Resort gaming
Sky Ute Casino has 45,000 square feet of gaming space and 19,000 square feet of convention space available. The gaming area includes 600 gaming machines, eight table games, and a 200-seat bingo hall. It is one of two tribal casinos in Colorado.
Sky Ute’s slot and video poker machines range from pennies up to $25.
Sky Ute boasts top games such as Hexbreaker 3, Lucky Buddha, Buffalo Gold Revolution, Great Guardians, Griffins Throne, and more. The prices range from pennies up to $25.
There are eight live table games to choose from at Sky Ute Casino including blackjack, three-card poker, craps, and roulette.
The casino also offers live bingo in a 200-person capacity bingo hall. Unlike the gaming floor, which is 21+, the bingo hall is open to anyone 18 and up.
Bingo runs in the evenings on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The hall opens at 4:30 p.m. and the games start at 5:45 p.m.
There is also a Sunday afternoon session with doors at 11 a.m. and drawings starting at 12:15 p.m.
Sky Ute Casino poker room
The Sky Ute Casino does not have a poker room.
Sky Ute Casino rewards programs
The Bear Club is Sky Ute Casino’s loyalty program that allows players to earn points and get rewarded based on how much they play.
Members of the Bear Club receive exclusive emails and mailers making them the first to know about promotions, giveaways, new slots and games, as well as restaurant specials and more.
Here’s a look at the five levels of the Bear Club, including how many points it takes to reach each level and some of the perks associated with them:
- Brown Bear: 0-599 points. Members receive 10% off at the gift shop.
- Golden Bear: 600-23,999 points. A 15% discount at the gift shop as well as at Sky Ute’s restaurants, bowling alley, and miniature golf course.
- Grizzly Bear: 24,000-62,999 points. Members get 20% off at the gift shop, restaurants, and entertainment.
- Silver VIP: 63,000-499,999 points. A discount of 25% at the gift shop and 30% off at restaurants and entertainment. Also, exclusive invitations to VIP events and complimentary entry into electronic game tournaments.
- Platinum VIP: 500,000 and above. Complimentary hotel room stays. VIPs get 30% off at the gift shop and 50% off at restaurants and entertainment. Access to VIP Lounge and guaranteed priority service at Players’ Club.
Sky Ute Casino Resort hotel amenities
Sky Ute Casino Resort boasts a 140-room hotel. The resort includes a spa, fitness center and pool, and meeting and event space. The convention space is 19,000 square feet.
There also is a 24-lane bowling alley, a video arcade room, and an 18-hole miniature golf course. The mini-golf is open seasonally starting April 1 until the weather turns in the late fall/early winter.
When it comes to food there are four restaurants to choose from at Sky Ute.
- Seven Rivers Steaks Seafood Spirits: A modern twist on authentic steakhouse cuisine. Decadent desserts and premium wines, spirits, and signature cocktails also available.
- Willows Café Bistro: Coffee house/traditional American. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast buffet open on weekends from 8-11 a.m.
- Rolling Thunder Grill: Bar/pub that serves lunch and dinner. Open daily from 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Just steps away from the casino floor, famous for their delicious salads.
- Shining Mountain: Casual dining open daily from 10:30 a.m.-3 a.m. Menu geared towards southwestern and Native American cuisine. Offers hot and cold sandwiches, pizza, burgers, and nachos as well.
Sky Ute Casino history
Opened Jan. 11, 2008, Sky Ute Casino Resort is one of two tribal casinos in the state of Colorado. It is owned and operated by the Southern Ute Indian Tribe.
The reservation land area covers slightly more than 1,000 square miles in the southwestern part of Colorado, near the Four Corners.