Saratoga Casino Black Hawk Review
Saratoga Casino Black Hawk is one of 40 casinos throughout the state of Colorado. The property is owned and operated by Saratoga Harness Racing, Inc., which also owns and operates Saratoga Hotel Casino in Saratoga Springs, New York, and currently is in the process of acquiring the operating assets of Wildwood Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
As for Saratoga Casino Black Hawk, it is home to almost 450 slot and video poker machines and 12 table games.
Now that sports betting is live in Colorado, Saratoga is getting in on the action and recently partnered with Betfred USA Sports to run its retail and online sportsbook operations. The sportsbook officially launched June 17.
- Address: 101 Main St., Black Hawk, CO
- Owner: Saratoga Harness Racing, Inc.
- Operator: Saratoga Harness Racing, Inc.
- Hours: Sunday-Monday: 9 a.m.-3 a.m.; Thursday: 9 a.m.-midnight; Friday-Saturday: 24 hours
- Casino games: 437 slots, blackjack, craps, roulette, poker
- Sportsbook: Opened the Betfred retail sportsbook on June 17. The mobile app is planned before the start of the NFL season.
- Poker: Does not have a poker room
Saratoga Casino Sportsbook
Saratoga Casino entered into a partnership with Betfred, the world’s largest privately-owned retail bookmaker early in 2020 to run the casino’s retail and online sportsbooks.
When Colorado passed Proposition DD in November 2019 it paved the way for the legalization of sports wagering in the state beginning May 1, 2020.
Betfred USA Sports is a US subsidiary of Betfred, a United Kingdom bookmaker that owns and operates more than 1,500 sportsbooks. Betfred also will provide compliance, support, marketing and trading as part of the agreement.
The sportsbook is expanding its footprint throughout the United States. In January 2020, the company launched a retail sportsbook at Grand Falls Casino in Iowa before the opening of the online sportsbook in February.
Grand Falls is unique in that it sits right on the border of Iowa and South Dakota. Plus, the Minnesota state line is only three miles away, giving the casino access to bettors of all three states. Betfred also inked a deal to work with Wind Creek Casino Bethlehem in Pennsylvania.
President of Saratoga Casino Black Hawk Daniel Gerrity was excited about the partnership with Betfred saying:
“With over 50 years of international experience in the industry, it’s a great opportunity to leverage their expertise along with the Saratoga brand to become the market leader in sports wagering in Colorado.”
Although people in the US might not be super familiar with Betfred, the company is the largest independent bookmaker in the world and has been in business since 1967. And the goal is clearly to make its presence felt in America.
“We’re going to be very aggressive when it comes to attacking different states and attracting partnerships,” Betfred USA COO Bryan Bennett told LegalSportsReport.com. “We want everyone to know who Betfred is.”
Saratoga Casino gaming
Saratoga Casino boasts 437 gaming machines and 12 table games, but it does not have a poker room.
There is not a hotel on site, but there is a restaurant and two bars on the premises.
As for the nearly 450 slot and video poker machines, they range from pennies to $25. Those machines include some of the industry’s hottest titles such as Discovery Shark Week and the progressive slot Invaders Attack From The Planet Moolah.
The only table games allowed under current Colorado gaming law are blackjack, craps, poker and roulette. Saratoga Casino is home to all of them with its 12 tables. Some of the more interesting table games offered include:
- Three-Card Poker
- Streak Blackjack
- Blackjack Burnout
- Poker Burnout
- Buffalo Blackjack Extreme with Top Three
If you’re not sure what game is for you, staff is available at the Mezzanine who can talk you through your options and come up with the perfect fit.
Additionally, players can take part in various tournaments, including the Friday night poker events that offer $300 in promo chips to the winner.
Saratoga Casino poker room
Saratoga Casino does not currently have a poker room
Saratoga rewards program
The rewards program offered at Saratoga Casino is known as the Players Extras Club and it is free to join. Members receive special perks such as discounts, exclusive offers,and invitations to member-only events and promotions.
While playing at Saratoga Casino, members earn points for cash and comps redeemable for dining, merchandise and more. Members gain one point for every $2 in slot play and $4 in video poker play. For every 1,000 points earned, players can get a $5 worth of promo chips or cash.
There are four tiers available for members to reach, with points accumulated during six-month periods. Here’s a look at the levels, including how many points it takes to reach each level and some of the benefits associated with each:
- Tier 1: 0-7,499 points. Complimentary covered valet parking and free check cashing.
- Tier 2: 7,500-24,999 points. Above rewards, plus 20% off at Main Street Café and $25 spending credit for your birthday.
- Tier 3: 25,000-99,999 points. Invitations to exclusive parties, premier seating at major sporting and entertainment events, 30% off at Main Street Café and $100 spending credit for your birthday.
- Tier 4: 100,000+ points. Complimentary annual catered private celebration, invitation to signature events, 40% off at Main Street Café and $250 spending credit for your birthday.
Saratoga Casino amenities
There is not a hotel at Saratoga Casino, but there are two lounges and one restaurant for patrons to enjoy:
- Main Street Café: Offers all-day breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner. Diners can choose from favorites like a burger, deli sandwich or soup and salad. Those players who don’t want to leave their machines can order while they play.
- Main Floor Bar: Complimentary beer while playing, with craft beers, drafts, wine cocktails and more to choose from.
- Mill City Bar: Described as causal yet trendy, the perfect place to kick back and relax.
Saratoga casino history
Opened in 2013, Saratoga Casino Black Hawk is in the building that previously was home to Fitzgerald’s Casino.
Fitzgerald’s opened in 1995 and was sold in 2013 to Saratoga Harness Racing, Inc. for a reported $28 million. The premises were then renovated for $7.5 million and reopened the following year under the name Saratoga Casino Black Hawk.
Saratoga Harness Racing also owns and operates the Saratoga racetrack and accompanying casino in upstate New York. It works with Delaware North to operate some resort properties in the Empire State as well. The company is still expanding, having recently inked a deal to acquire Wildwood Casino in Colorado.